Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2021, 10:17 AM - 1 Like   #346
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
The official reviews have been very slow to come. Perhaps Pentax want to prioritize early adopters, using ambassadors as much as possible to boost interest.
This is not a big deal for the mainstream world - I've seen little advertising even from people such as Adorama and B&H.
The shipping department at Adorama may be doing a good job, but their marketing department has been more interested in the Sony lenses which they had in March.
We have to face the fact that Pentax has become a very small corner of their world.

05-01-2021, 02:15 PM   #347
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
This is not a big deal for the mainstream world - I've seen little advertising even from people such as Adorama and B&H.
The shipping department at Adorama may be doing a good job, but their marketing department has been more interested in the Sony lenses which they had in March.
We have to face the fact that Pentax has become a very small corner of their world.
🙁. Well some of the ambassador videos have been pretty good, I would of this site would of had a K3 iii by now though.
05-01-2021, 02:30 PM - 19 Likes   #348
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have a friend that is into dog agility. He let me test the AF-C of the K3MarkIII. I am very happy with the results. This dog was moving very quickly through the weave polls and there was plenty in the background to "distract" the camera, but it tracked the dog wonderfully. This is the full burst of photos. All of which were in focus.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 Mark III  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF

Last edited by tmlawes; 05-01-2021 at 07:37 PM.
05-01-2021, 03:07 PM   #349

Looks pretty good, couldn’t do it with my K5 or K1!

05-01-2021, 04:11 PM   #350
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Those look pretty good, I tested out my DA*200 they other day, on my battling pups and wasnt too shabby, im sure the K-3 III would be on another level though.
05-01-2021, 05:37 PM - 8 Likes   #351
Loyal Site Supporter

This was an OMG afternoon...

Friends called me for a pool party. I don't leave home without a camera as they already know.

I've never yet shot the K3 III on auto, but with the clouds in and out and reflections off the water seemed like it was appropriate.

73 photos shot, and only one single image at 100% was soft focused with a *55 and Sigma 70-200. I have NEVER had that success rate with any of my previous Pentax cameras.
05-01-2021, 07:19 PM   #352
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tmlawes Quote
I have a friend that is into dog agility. He let me test the AF-C of the K3MarkIII. I am very happy with the results. This dog was moving very quickly through the weave polls and there was plenty in the background to "distract" the camera, but it tracked the dog wonderfully. This is the full burst of photos. All of which were in focus.
That's a great sequence.

05-02-2021, 12:44 AM   #353

This is great. Which of the many focus settings did you use? I guess AF-C and what else? Spot? Auto? Center?
05-02-2021, 02:23 AM   #354
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's a great series and impressive results. I'm sure previous cameras would have locked on the background or the obstacle at some point and a number of the images would be soft as a result.
05-02-2021, 02:27 AM   #355
Pentaxian

Now, that's a series of photos my K-1 would totally suck at.

Thanks for sharing.
05-02-2021, 02:43 AM - 2 Likes   #356
Pentaxian

It's not a bicycle test, it's a dog test, it doesn't count
05-02-2021, 02:52 AM - 4 Likes   #357
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
It's not a bicycle test, it's a dog test, it doesn't count
The next step really is a dog riding a bicycle.
05-02-2021, 03:03 AM - 1 Like   #358
Pentaxian

This dog was moving very quickly through the weave polls and there was plenty in the background to "distract" the camera, but it tracked the dog wonderfully.
This is a good showcase of what the new camera can do. The only test it might fail is a drunk dog on a bicycle.
05-02-2021, 03:39 AM   #359
Pentaxian

That. That is impressive. Really.
05-02-2021, 03:52 AM   #360
Pentaxian

It is very nice that we finally have camera like this at our reach. With new PLM lenses and future tweak/firmware updated this is definetly big big thing.

---------- Post added 05-02-21 at 13:55 ----------

Andthis was with ’slow’ DFA*70-200. I’v said for ages that it is fast enough with good body. I have DFA*70-200, and with K-1 this would not have happened. Omg. Yes. Going to buy K-3III ... how do you find this lens overal on K-3III?