Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 26 Likes Search this Thread
05-02-2021, 08:10 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I will check again but I think that was the first thing I checked. The K1 screen was larger.

05-06-2021, 10:51 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Marktax Quote
ZLMC Ricoh GR III screen protector, 9H hardness 0.3mm ultra-thin tempered glass screen protector fits K-3III. I suggest screen protection right out of the box, before you need to wipe it clean later, which can be difficult sometimes. Apply a screen protection glass immediately.
Thanks Mark. Had a spare GR III screen protector from Expert Shield and while it doesn't cover entire LCD screen, it covers most of it and all of the portion that uses touch screen.
05-06-2021, 01:07 PM - 1 Like   #18

There's a K-3 III-specific screen protector on Amazon, but it currently shows a 1+ month shipping time. I'm guessing that means it's drop-shipped from China via container ship.

https://www.amazon.com/Puccy-Protector-compatible-Tempered-Protectors/dp/B08THVL7XD
(despite the URL, it is NOT tempered glass)

Based on other replies in this thread and others, there are no other model-specific screen protectors currently available for purchase for the K-3 III. Hopefully that'll change soon, but I guess manufacturers weren't in a hurry to get these out.

There are cut-to-fit options out there, if you don't want to wait.

Edit: On eBay, I found "atFoliX 3x Screen Protection Film for Ricoh Pentax K-3 Mark III matt&shockproof" and ordered a set. They ship from Germany and will be here in 1-3 weeks. I'll report back when they arrive. There's a "hybrid glass" version, too, which I think may just be hard plastic.

Last edited by Neopifex; 05-06-2021 at 01:24 PM.
05-06-2021, 05:21 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery
I would go to B&H PHOTO and dig around re screen filters. The last one that I bought was fine w/a touch screen. Find measurements and then choose. BTW: this evening I just received my K3iii directly from RICOH!!!!!

05-07-2021, 05:22 AM - 1 Like   #20

Original Poster
Thanks for all the help. I went with this one. Looks like it will fit from the specs given. It's arriving tomorrow so I can let you know for sure after that.
amazon.com: Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Nikon Z5 Z6 Z7 Z6II Z7II, Macolink Camera Protector Film Compatible Panasonic Lumix S1 S1R / Sigma FP (3 Pack)?tag=pentaxforums-20&
05-09-2021, 04:55 AM   #21
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
E Bay has listings for specific K 3 III protection

atFoliX Glass Protector for Ricoh Pentax K-3 Mark III 9H Hybrid-Glass | eBay

Bruni 2x Film for Ricoh Pentax K-3 Mark III Protective Film Screen Protector | eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/312256692473?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMES....c101195.m1851

anyone have any experience with either of these companies ?

Last edited by aslyfox; 05-09-2021 at 05:07 AM.
05-09-2021, 09:23 AM - 1 Like   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by idontstairs Quote
Specs say the K1 and k-3iii both have 3.2 inch screens. Does anyone have both and can confirm they use the same screen protector?

Edit: My k-3iii screen is nowhere close to my K3 screen and google says the K3 is also 3.2 inches. That could be the length but not the height.
Hello

I had K1 screen protector and it will NOT FIT on K3 mk3.

05-10-2021, 05:43 AM   #23

Original Poster
So the screen I purchased from Amazon is a nice Tempered Glass Screen that fits the K3 III perfectly. My only issue is that no matter what I do I get a huge air bubble in it. The touch screen is still working so I have given up for now on trying to remedy that but...

Anyone have any tips on how to get a protector on with no air bubbles? The instructions that come with the glass are pretty horrid, at least to understand.
05-10-2021, 06:15 AM - 1 Like   #24
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcshellyg Quote
So the screen I purchased from Amazon is a nice Tempered Glass Screen that fits the K3 III perfectly. . . Anyone have any tips on how to get a protector on with no air bubbles? . . . .
I used to make my kid do it

but he and his wife have moved to Omaha NE

I just placed an order at Amazon Smile for the same one
05-10-2021, 07:32 AM - 2 Likes   #25
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Expert Shield offering screen protectors designed for the K3iii later today

I have been communicating with the folks at Expert Shield and they will have screen protectors designed specifically for the K3iii LCD monitor on their website later today. The protectors will be for the main LCD monitor screen only but they will shortly have a protector for the small LCD panel on the top of the camera as well.

Two versions for sale on website. https://shop.expertshield.com/Pentax_K-3_III_GLASS
https://shop.expertshield.com/Pentax_K-3_III_Crystal_Clear

Last edited by Mainerinfl; 05-11-2021 at 02:19 AM. Reason: update on Expert Shield Website
05-11-2021, 02:22 AM - 1 Like   #26
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcshellyg Quote
So the screen I purchased from Amazon is a nice Tempered Glass Screen that fits the K3 III perfectly. My only issue is that no matter what I do I get a huge air bubble in it. The touch screen is still working so I have given up for now on trying to remedy that but...

Anyone have any tips on how to get a protector on with no air bubbles? The instructions that come with the glass are pretty horrid, at least to understand.
Instructions specific to one product but may be helpful. Advice on installing screen in humid bathroom to reduce dust actually does work.

http://shop.expertshield.com/installation

One of the best tips that we received from one of our customers 8 years ago and still works today, is to run hot water to create steam in your bathroom so that dust will not be floating around when you install.

The humidity created will prevent dust and other particles from floating and adhering to the ESgel on the underside of the shield. You want the shield to cling on to your LCD but not anything else.
05-11-2021, 02:26 AM   #27
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mainerinfl Quote
I have been communicating with the folks at Expert Shield and they will have screen protectors designed specifically for the K3iii LCD monitor on their website later today. The protectors will be for the main LCD monitor screen only but they will shortly have a protector for the small LCD panel on the top of the camera as well.

Two versions for sale on website. https://shop.expertshield.com/Pentax_K-3_III_GLASS
https://shop.expertshield.com/Pentax_K-3_III_Crystal_Clear
other than price what is the difference between the two ?
05-11-2021, 03:05 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
other than price what is the difference between the two ?
The Crystal Clear version is made of film and less expensive than the Glass version. It is a personal choice. I prefer the added protection of glass.
05-11-2021, 03:38 AM   #29
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mainerinfl Quote
The Crystal Clear version is made of film and less expensive than the Glass version. It is a personal choice. I prefer the added protection of glass.
thanks
05-11-2021, 05:22 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I use to buy the 3 packs... 3 chances....