Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
06-18-2021, 02:31 AM   #46
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
I also prefer this to the actual AF mode button. That button has too many options to choose from. The smart function may take a few more clicks to activate, but with only three options, it takes two presses at most to select the one you want. Hence in total I think the number of actions to change the AF mode would not be very different between the two approaches. The key is to setup those three options to cover most of your needs. IMHO, the default three are a good start.
With the AF selected the only thing to do is to turn the wheel. No presses needed. Or am I missunderstanding you?

06-18-2021, 04:02 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
With the AF selected the only thing to do is to turn the wheel. No presses needed. Or am I missunderstanding you?
I agree, press or turn the wheel is a manipulation just the same. But I would have to move the front wheel to the preferred setting and then the back wheel as well, in some cases at least. The smart function allows both in one go.
But it's a preference as many things on such a elaborate camera. It's a great thing that it can be set up to suit all...
06-21-2021, 12:35 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gyroscope Quote
I like the look of the K3iii and I already have a 645z and K1 so it would be nice to complete the set with a camera that shares batteries, flash (not that I use flash often) and can at least share lenses with the K1. I have done a lot of wildlife photography with Canon gear in the past in Australia and Africa but have since sold it all to focus on landscape photography and buy into the 645Z system. I'm feeling like I'd like to get back into it and am sure the K3ii and a 150-450 (or 300 f4+extender) would probably be a decent setup. The problem is I know I could pick up a used 7D2 or 90D and a Sigma 150-600 Sports for maybe half of the cost and I know that the canon AF in a 7D2 is amazing and will do the job and I think the Sigma lens is pretty good.

Any thoughts one way or the other?
I've got my DA300 attached to mine, while the K3II has the FA100 macro. It works really well so far. I don't have a lot of images processed - summer is tough.
06-25-2021, 12:18 AM - 1 Like   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have some photos taken with Pentax 55-300(not PLM version) at 300mm with 1.3X crop Mode.
I will do some tests also with Pentax 70-200 f2.8 which is far better at focusing and image quality.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 Mark III  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF

Last edited by OvidiuRoSb; 06-25-2021 at 12:25 AM.