Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2021, 03:36 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
I very seriously believe that in a pinch I can capture usable RAW images in a club or concert setting at 51200 based on those initial samples. Noise reduction software has become that good and the low-light K3 III photos themselves are relatively (!) clean already at those high ISO's. Jonesing to try it.
I kind of want to take something at 1.6M and run it through Denoise AI and see what it does. It would have to be of something that the AI could reasonably work with, but it might be surprising. I'm sure that it wouldn't have full sharpness, but it might be passable for documentary sorts of work.

I have a trip to Badlands National Park scheduled for around the new moon in June. I have very little astro experience, but I did grab a used O-GPS1 and will try to find some dark-ish skies nearby to play with in May so I have some practice. Clear SD skies permitting in June, I might try a whole bunch of different ISO values to see what can be done for Milky Way.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aps-c, dslr, iso, k-3, k-3 iii, k-3 mark 3, k-3 mark iii, mark, settings, video, youtube