Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2021, 08:22 AM - 1 Like   #106
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
and wow the ergonomics are lightyears better on the K-3 iii.
I particularly dislike two things on my K-70 grip:
1 - the bottom edge of the camera is routed from the grip. This is the bane of my pinky finger.
2 - the SR badge on the front sticks out just enough to rub my finger. This is the bane of my ring finger.
Still however, the K-70 grips is an improvement over the K-S2 grip, imo.
But - the K-3 III is on another level altogether.
What a joy to hold and use

04-26-2021, 08:29 AM - 1 Like   #107
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
I particularly dislike two things on my K-70 grip:
1 - the bottom edge of the camera is routed from the grip. This is the bane of my pinky finger.
2 - the SR badge on the front sticks out just enough to rub my finger. This is the bane of my ring finger.
Still however, the K-70 grips is an improvement over the K-S2 grip, imo.
But - the K-3 III is on another level altogether.
What a joy to hold and use
I got a teaser of how much of a joy it is to hold when Albert Siegel did his live event on YouTube and he just wouldn't put the thing down. That's kind of how my hand reacts to it, too.
04-26-2021, 08:42 AM   #108
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wonder how many members will list their K 3 III here:

Pentax K-3 III Serial Numbers - Pentax Serial Number Database - PentaxForums.com
04-27-2021, 06:04 AM - 2 Likes   #109

I received mine yesterday from Amazon. Yes, I bought from there because I could use points and a gift card for money off. It originally was listed as 3 dollars more than B&H but by the time it shipped they dropped to the same price. It also came earlier than expected. I am going from having K30 thru 70s to the K-3 III and I am quite impressed. I have only shot about 10 images so far but it even just sounds more "expensive","professional"? I haven't shot much because of time and trying to learn all the settings. It does feel really nice in your hand though heavier than my K-70. So far I am liking how the controls are set up. I love that you can lock the Mode Dial. I was always moving that by accident on the K-70, although where it is located may help as well. The Touchscreen was great for setting it up and being able to type copyright info into it and move through menus. I think I am going to be quite pleased with this camera. I need to do some comparison shots between my K-70 and it, I tried yesterday but had a couple settings messed up on the K-3. So these are just my initial reactions. Plus, I need to get a screen protector to protect that big beautiful screen. I can see myself breaking it somehow like I did on my K-50 somehow.

04-27-2021, 06:14 AM   #110
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcshellyg Quote
I received mine yesterday from Amazon. Yes, I bought from there because I could use points and a gift card for money off. It originally was listed as 3 dollars more than B&H but by the time it shipped they dropped to the same price. It also came earlier than expected. I am going from having K30 thru 70s to the K-3 III and I am quite impressed. I have only shot about 10 images so far but it even just sounds more "expensive","professional"? I haven't shot much because of time and trying to learn all the settings. It does feel really nice in your hand though heavier than my K-70. So far I am liking how the controls are set up. I love that you can lock the Mode Dial. I was always moving that by accident on the K-70, although where it is located may help as well. The Touchscreen was great for setting it up and being able to type copyright info into it and move through menus. I think I am going to be quite pleased with this camera. I need to do some comparison shots between my K-70 and it, I tried yesterday but had a couple settings messed up on the K-3. So these are just my initial reactions. Plus, I need to get a screen protector to protect that big beautiful screen. I can see myself breaking it somehow like I did on my K-50 somehow.
I did the same, mine should be here Thursday…

JJ
04-27-2021, 06:17 AM   #111
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jerryleejr Quote
I did the same, mine should be here Thursday…

JJ
Mine still says Friday or Saturday, but it hasn't shipped yet.
04-27-2021, 09:40 AM   #112
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Mine still says Friday or Saturday, but it hasn't shipped yet.
Bummer, you're having my kind of luck.

04-27-2021, 01:01 PM   #113
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Bummer, you're having my kind of luck.
Shipped today, expected Thursday
04-27-2021, 01:13 PM   #114
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Shipped today, expected Thursday
That's great!

On AMAZON mine still has not shipped but they are saying Friday, so I'm hoping it ships today and shows up Thursday as well! Fingers crossed!
04-27-2021, 01:21 PM   #115
Pentaxian

One of the most important camera characteristics to me is how it fits in the hand.

For those of you who have already received your new K3iii ; I'd love to hear what you think of the grip and overall feel in the hand (especially with various sizes of lenses), and how it's feel compares with K-3/K-3ii/KP.

Thank you...
04-27-2021, 01:30 PM - 1 Like   #116
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I received the email from Ricoh today.
04-27-2021, 01:56 PM   #117

ahhh the waiting after you got the email that it has been shipped has to be the worst ^^
hang in there
04-27-2021, 02:16 PM - 2 Likes   #118
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
One of the most important camera characteristics to me is how it fits in the hand.

For those of you who have already received your new K3iii ; I'd love to hear what you think of the grip and overall feel in the hand (especially with various sizes of lenses), and how it's feel compares with K-3/K-3ii/KP.

Thank you...
There's simply no comparison to the KP IMO. The K3 III is three steps beyond in grip, balance and ergonomics.
04-27-2021, 03:36 PM - 1 Like   #119
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you...
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
There's simply no comparison to the KP IMO. The K3 III is three steps beyond in grip, balance and ergonomics.

K 3 III fits my hand well especially with the optional battery grip

my hand is wide but I have short fingers I don't like my pinkie not supported by the grip

I have used it with SMC FA Limiteds, the D FA 150-450mm zoom and the DA * 300mm lens
04-27-2021, 03:41 PM - 1 Like   #120
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd love to hear what you think of the grip and overall feel in the hand (especially with various sizes of lenses), and how it's feel compares with K-3/K-3ii/KP.
I have a K-3 II and the K-3 Mark III.

To me, the K-3 Mark III feels like a well worn-in pair of favourite jeans that fit perfectly.

- Craig