Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2021, 04:32 PM - 1 Like   #61
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dave L Quote
You omitted most of my post though i.e. "Rather than spend more development time and money to 'fix' that problem, and push up the camera cost even more, they may well have made a straightforward business decision to cut out the frills (frills for most of their intended market) and to stick within a predetermined camera size and price point. Similar thinking may have influenced their decision to omit a flippy screen, GPS and even built in flash... all of which would have been useful to some people."
Not buying it. We are talking about a bug fix in firmware here, not a significant change to the hardware that would drive up the price of the camera in any meaningful way. The good news is that Pentax could still do the right thing and fix it in an update.

04-28-2021, 04:55 PM - 2 Likes   #62
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I visited this thread yesterday to see this discussion about recording times between a handful of posters. Just now I log in to find the exact same discussion with the exact same complaint still taking place.

Could we perhaps move on? Any point to be made was done 12 hours ago.
04-28-2021, 05:32 PM   #63
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by madbrain Quote
On the contrary, there is every reason to assume that - historical remnants of the FAT32 file system, which limits files to 4GB in size.
I think I am starting to understand that the possibilities are limited here.

QuoteOriginally posted by madbrain Quote
One chunks files, while the other records to a single file and then stops.
Both respect the 4 GB limit. I wonder why? Lazy programmers?

Steve

(...this is getting boring and the electrons at my disposal are getting bored too...)
04-28-2021, 05:41 PM - 1 Like   #64
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Could we perhaps move on? Any point to be made was done 12 hours ago.
I'm gone...thanks for affirming the decision I made when I read the latest round of comments.

Steve

04-28-2021, 06:13 PM - 1 Like   #65

What lens were you using. I couldn't zoom close enough to read it.
i’m using
HD PENTAX-DA 16-85mmF3.5-5.6ED DC WR
04-28-2021, 07:02 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by takumin Quote
i’m using
HD PENTAX-DA 16-85mmF3.5-5.6ED DC WR
Thanks for the video Takumin.

Did the 16-85 do AF-C during video?

Can you summarize your opinions of the K3iii video for those that don't understand Japanese.

Thanks
04-28-2021, 09:52 PM - 3 Likes   #67

QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
Thanks for the video Takumin.
Did the 16-85 do AF-C during video?
No
using AF-S.

must use a PLM lens to enable AF-C on the K-3 Mark III. That is, there is only one compatible lens ...

For reference, here are some videos taken by others with the 55-300 PLM and K-3 Mark III.

Last edited by takumin; 05-16-2021 at 10:49 PM.
04-28-2021, 10:55 PM - 1 Like   #68
Pentaxian

No
using AF-S.

must use a PML lens to enable AF-C on the K-3 Mark III. That is, there is only one compatible lens ...

For reference, here are some videos taken by others with the 55-300 PLM and K-3 Mark III.
https://youtu.be/-yqqGNlKLyo
That is pretty good! Not only AF, but also SR! Sweet

---------- Post added 04-29-21 at 09:00 ----------

Thank you for watching my video
I watched it too even if I did not understand japanese
04-29-2021, 07:32 AM   #69
Pentaxian

Could someone with K-3III go in menu and settings for HDMI out. What does it say. K-1 has auto, 1080i, 760p ... thank you

Edit: added after that 1080 a ‘i’, which means interlaced(same as old 1080i for faster than 50fps shooting in older cameras than K-1) this is why my footage looked so bad with HDMI. So, could you please check that for me...

Last edited by repaap; 04-29-2021 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Added important -i-.
04-29-2021, 08:48 AM - 1 Like   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Could someone with K-3III go in menu and settings for HDMI out. What does it say. K-1 has auto, 1080i, 760p ... thank you

Edit: added after that 1080 a ‘i’, which means interlaced(same as old 1080i for faster than 50fps shooting in older cameras than K-1) this is why my footage looked so bad with HDMI. So, could you please check that for me...
According to the menu comparison tables, there is no corresponding menu entry to the K-1 ii's "HDMI out": http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/pdf/k-3-3_01.pdf
04-29-2021, 09:34 AM   #71
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
According to the menu comparison tables, there is no corresponding menu entry to the K-1 ii's "HDMI out": http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/pdf/k-3-3_01.pdf
Menu, ‘wrench 2’ -> HDMI out. This is what I mean. There is menu behind that selection. Push it and it will reveal options.
04-29-2021, 09:39 AM   #72
Veteran Member

There is no longer a corresponding menu entry. Look at the link I posted. When the K-3 iii does not have a corresponding menu entry, there is a diagonal slash through the box on the K-3 iii side of the menu correspondence table.
04-29-2021, 09:49 AM   #73
Loyal Site Supporter

There is no longer a corresponding menu entry. Look at the link I posted. When the K-3 iii does not have a corresponding menu entry, there is a diagonal slash through the box on the K-3 iii side of the menu correspondence table.
I wasted quite a few minutes to come to the same conclusion as you, but didn't think of confirming it with the equivalency menu. Much appreciated, I'll stop looking.
04-29-2021, 09:59 AM   #74
Pentaxian

I wasted quite a few minutes to come to the same conclusion as you, but didn't think of confirming it with the equivalency menu. Much appreciated, I'll stop looking.
Alright. Thank you for the info although it was waste of time...
04-29-2021, 10:38 AM   #75
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I wish I had not seen that comparison chart...

Steve