Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2021, 08:15 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Info displayed in playback mode

Migrating from the K-70, I am really pleased with what Pentax has done for playback mode. From what I can tell so far, pressing the Info button cycles through three views. One view is called “no information display”, but you can enable the histogram (a small one in the lower left, not the giant gaudy one my K-70 overlaid on most of the image), the grid guide, and highlight blinkies. Those things can all be enabled for the standard information display as well, which shows the usual settings info at the bottom and date/time info at the top. The improvements to the screen here allow you to look at that view and not have it destroy your ability to inspect the image. Then there’s the view that gives you just a thumbnail of the image and two pages of information, including the focus points grid and what was active. I’m really curious if there’s software that can meaningfully interpret the focus point information. As I learn more about using this new AF system, being able to look at that information somewhere other than on the back of my camera could be quite useful.

Double tapping an image zooms in to 100% and double tapping again zooms out. (OK button does this as well.) This is configurable to x4, x8, x16, 100%, and off. It works in both instant review and playback mode. The usual finger things one who has used their camera’s smartphone to look at images would expect also all work, at least in playback mode.