Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 32 Likes Search this Thread
05-01-2021, 03:46 PM   #31

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chriswill Quote
missed that quote earlier and hope you have not watched the whole thing (not saying the video is bad, just that it;s a talking head and having the ability to search the subtitles on YT would be a quicker way to find the relevant content without going to the video itself)
haha then i'm glad i have asked :-D

05-01-2021, 09:37 PM - 2 Likes   #32
Veteran Member

missed that quote earlier and hope you have not watched the whole thing (not saying the video is bad, just that it;s a talking head and having the ability to search the subtitles on YT would be a quicker way to find the relevant content without going to the video itself)
If you don't support, (watch) the few videos or channels that are about Pentax they will stop being about Pentax and go away. It's not like Pentaxians have a lot of options to choose from. Talking head or not, it's a good idea to encourage things and people who support what you like.

---------- Post added 05-01-21 at 09:41 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Bromberger Quote
AF during video is available with the KAF4 lenses. They start at 50mm and go up. Not much help for what most people would use this video for, vlogging. So that's not going to get tested anytime before the 16-50mm PLM comes out. (At least by me...)

The codec is H264. I get my K33 Monday, and video testing are the first tests I'm running. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out. In the meantime, watch my talking head video and help support my channel. The alternative is FRO...

Last edited by Qwntm; 05-01-2021 at 09:43 PM.
05-02-2021, 07:28 AM - 1 Like   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
f you don't support, (watch) the few videos or channels that are about Pentax they will stop being about Pentax and go away. It's not like Pentaxians have a lot of options to choose from. Talking head or not, it's a good idea to encourage things and people who support what you like.
So true, and from what I understand, it's important to "like" and better to "subscribe."
05-02-2021, 08:32 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bromberger Quote
Did you see my replies?
K3-iii, any news on Eye AF and Video Codec? - PentaxForums.com
K3-iii, any news on Eye AF and Video Codec? - PentaxForums.com

05-02-2021, 08:56 AM - 1 Like   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

05-02-2021, 11:52 AM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
Video quality looks like a marked improvement on the K-3III. I haven't used video too much on my K-3, but I remember it would always look too contrasty, resulting in highlights and shadows easily getting clipped.
05-02-2021, 12:37 PM   #37
Pentaxian

Great to have these videos popping out

---------- Post added 05-02-21 at 22:52 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by cgchang Quote
Video quality looks like a marked improvement on the K-3III. I haven't used video too much on my K-3, but I remember it would always look too contrasty, resulting in highlights and shadows easily getting clipped.
Indeed. Now it looks pretty good.

05-04-2021, 12:14 AM - 1 Like   #38

If you don't support, (watch) the few videos or channels that are about Pentax they will stop being about Pentax and go away. It's not like Pentaxians have a lot of options to choose from. Talking head or not, it's a good idea to encourage things and people who support what you like.
off the top of my head: Kobie, two Lees, Snappiness and Cameraville (plus official brand Pentax and Ricoh ones),

recently subscribed to PentaxTips (below 200 subs)

Is there a thread here somewhere listing channels/ good videos?
05-04-2021, 12:42 AM - 1 Like   #39
Veteran Member

off the top of my head: Kobie, two Lees, Snappiness and Cameraville (plus official brand Pentax and Ricoh ones),

LOL, you quote me and then don't mention my channel... Thanks a lot!

Just for that I'm linking to my latest K3 Mark III video! Shot with the K3 Mark III in 1080p 24 fps

05-04-2021, 01:33 AM   #40

Just for that I'm linking to my latest K3 Mark III video! Shot with the K3 Mark III in 1080p 24 fps

https://youtu.be/ALhOCDyeFqs
umm... glad to have found a new-to-me one to add to the list

but seriously - as a content creator, would you feel it's okay to be listed somewhere on the forum/private website along with other channels? (as a content consumer I'd love to have one)
05-04-2021, 02:48 AM   #41
Pentaxian

https://youtu.be/ALhOCDyeFqs
Thanks for this. I watched previous one and was hoping you’d come up with this. What was ISO for video?
It did look okay. And colour was fine too(suppose it will only get better when you get used to it).

I did pull the trigger this morning. So I’ll be doing my testing in few weeks also. They said to be having that new 16-50 PLM out, but suppose that there are many more PLM (also consumer grade like 55-300) in pipeline already. Good times!
05-04-2021, 08:05 AM - 5 Likes   #42
Veteran Member

umm... glad to have found a new-to-me one to add to the list

but seriously - as a content creator, would you feel it's okay to be listed somewhere on the forum/private website along with other channels? (as a content consumer I'd love to have one)
My channel is probably the oldest channel on Youtube with Pentax content, I started it in 2011. But I was a lot more active before 2015 and of course now I'm finally doing what I want with it.

A few years back Pentax Forums had something like a "Pentax good videos/channels" thread, and that was great. I found a lot of channels I still watch on that thread, and mine was mentioned as well. I think it's a great idea.

---------- Post added 05-04-21 at 08:26 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Thanks for this. I watched previous one and was hoping you’d come up with this. What was ISO for video?
It did look okay. And colour was fine too(suppose it will only get better when you get used to it).

I did pull the trigger this morning. So I’ll be doing my testing in few weeks also. They said to be having that new 16-50 PLM out, but suppose that there are many more PLM (also consumer grade like 55-300) in pipeline already. Good times!
Thanks!

I kinda screwed that video up, as I didn't know where/how to get to set the iso and I think the auto iso defaulted to something crazy like 25,000. I figured that out and also dialed in the color a bit. The Flat profiles looks really good.

The video side of things might be usable for some things, but the stills side of things is really AMAZING. There are now so many options in the UI you have to take each thing and isolate it to fine tune it, but you can get pretty much exactly and anything you want.

Here's a video in 4k 24 fps, with the Flat profile and iso 3200:

Last edited by Qwntm; 05-04-2021 at 08:27 AM. Reason: typo
05-04-2021, 09:03 AM   #43
Pentaxian

My channel is probably the oldest channel on Youtube with Pentax content, I started it in 2011. But I was a lot more active before 2015 and of course now I'm finally doing what I want with it.

A few years back Pentax Forums had something like a "Pentax good videos/channels" thread, and that was great. I found a lot of channels I still watch on that thread, and mine was mentioned as well. I think it's a great idea.

---------- Post added 05-04-21 at 08:26 AM ----------

Thanks!

I kinda screwed that video up, as I didn't know where/how to get to set the iso and I think the auto iso defaulted to something crazy like 25,000. I figured that out and also dialed in the color a bit. The Flat profiles looks really good.

The video side of things might be usable for some things, but the stills side of things is really AMAZING. There are now so many options in the UI you have to take each thing and isolate it to fine tune it, but you can get pretty much exactly and anything you want.

Here's a video in 4k 24 fps, with the Flat profile and iso 3200:

https://youtu.be/sVanVPl8Cbo
Thanks for the ansver. And new video. I can see excitement coming through and I'll be joining this club soon!

and wait a minute. You said image looks better on HDMI when you changed it 4K in camera. This sounds exellent. I have BMPCC 4K for the time when I want 'proper' video. But this K-3III is going to be for more free and fun content. That said, based on material I'v seen so far, this can be more than that. And there is PLM lenses coming and there you will have that continious AF for video too. there is touch screen af too, but then you'd have to be onthe other side of the screen. (what you said about 7 minute limit being better for you, it might be true

that is for what comes to video, but I'm buying K-3III to be fast allaround photography machine at events, taking funshoots trying to chase my little girl(she is fast at age of 3) and stuff like that. I think that this will replace my K-1 in most shooting what I do/want to do. Fast and precise focus and fast instant responsiveness is what I'm hopin for, and seems that this is exactly what it is going to be too. So much looking forward to that.
05-05-2021, 01:14 PM - 1 Like   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you for the mention and here you go! Who are the photographers on youtube using Pentax? - PentaxForums.com
05-06-2021, 01:34 AM   #45

Thanks for that - will bookmark!
Do you have a thread here for your videos? (thanks for getting back to my comment on YT yesterday btw)