Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 32 Likes Search this Thread
05-06-2021, 08:02 AM - 2 Likes   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by chriswill Quote
Thanks for that - will bookmark!
Do you have a thread here for your videos? (thanks for getting back to my comment on YT yesterday btw)
No problem! I try to get back to everyone who comments ��
No, I don't have my own thread. I leave that up to people who wish to share the vids on their own. It's a fine line between self promotion and pseudo bragging in how it can be perceived by the masses. So I opt to just do my thing and share relevant stuff here and there without a "Hey! Look what I'm doing over here!" Thread lol

05-06-2021, 04:28 PM - 1 Like   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
No problem! I try to get back to everyone who comments ��
No, I don't have my own thread. I leave that up to people who wish to share the vids on their own. It's a fine line between self promotion and pseudo bragging in how it can be perceived by the masses. So I opt to just do my thing and share relevant stuff here and there without a "Hey! Look what I'm doing over here!" Thread lol
Same here. Something that's really relevant I will post if it's organic and makes sense in a helpful way. But I am very conscious of not ever self promoting for just the sake of promotion or ever being able to be perceived as such.

I think we are both doing a pretty decent job in that regard... Now Leehaze needs to promote himself more, just sayin'
05-07-2021, 01:16 AM - 1 Like   #48

QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
Same here. Something that's really relevant I will post if it's organic and makes sense in a helpful way. But I am very conscious of not ever self promoting for just the sake of promotion or ever being able to be perceived as such.

I think we are both doing a pretty decent job in that regard... Now Leehaze needs to promote himself more, just sayin'
I just shoot my Pentax (not a pro, not a gear enthusiast, not an active community member etc.) and I'd love to know who the people sharing their knowledge and experience are and where to find them. It's probably best if the happy content-consumers (that's me) can go around promoting creators they come across and appreciate.
05-09-2021, 11:02 PM - 2 Likes   #49
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Kobie and Qwntm - While you're both here, well done on the YouTube content. I've been watching them more than before and I wish you luck with the channels.

I came to this thread because I couldn't find a better place to share this Youtube link to a nighttime 4K video posted by someone in Japan - specifically Kumamoto in Kyushu.

I'm no expert on video, but it looks better than anything I've seen before from a Pentax and the SR seems to be working pretty well most of the time.

05-10-2021, 12:15 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
Kobie and Qwntm - While you're both here, well done on the YouTube content. I've been watching them more than before and I wish you luck with the channels.

I came to this thread because I couldn't find a better place to share this Youtube link to a nighttime 4K video posted by someone in Japan - specifically Kumamoto in Kyushu.
PENTAX K-3 Mark lll Night Movie Sample - YouTube

I'm no expert on video, but it looks better than anything I've seen before from a Pentax and the SR seems to be working pretty well most of the time.
Really good results. I wonder what ISO was being used during the outdoor night scenes.
05-10-2021, 05:00 AM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
Really good results. I wonder what ISO was being used during the outdoor night scenes.
I'm surprised the Pentax DFA100 and the Sigma 30 1.4 performed so well with video stabilization. I'd only seen one other video where it looked really effective and that was with the 55-300PLM. Great find!
08-30-2021, 10:50 AM   #52

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
Of course the Metering Sensor can detect eyes and allow the focus-points to priorize them.
Thank you Chris! Do you know how the algorhythm handles the case that the face is 45° sideways so one eye is further away and only one can be in focus?
I would always want the closer eye to be in focus but i used a Nikon D850 the other day and that part was not working so well... i wondered if i'm expecting too much :-D

---------- Post added 08-30-21 at 07:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
More about Video Bitrate (90Mbit/s) is written here:
This is the Pentax K-3 Mark III - Page 6 - PentaxForums.com
Thank you. I find 90 Mbits respectable

08-30-2021, 12:30 PM   #53
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bromberger Quote
Thank you Chris! Do you know how the algorhythm handles the case that the face is 45° sideways so one eye is further away and only one can be in focus?
I have no practical experience with the K-3 III, so maybe other Pentaxusers can contribute to this question?
08-30-2021, 03:34 PM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would always want the closer eye to be in focus but i used a Nikon D850 the other day and that part was not working so well... i wondered if i'm expecting too much :-D[COLOR="Silver"]
I can check how that'll work.
08-31-2021, 05:01 PM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would always want the closer eye to be in focus but i used a Nikon D850 the other day and that part was not working so well... i wondered if i'm expecting too much :-D

---------- Post added 08-30-21 at 07:52 PM ----------

Thank you. I find 90 Mbits respectable
From my testing, it seems to pick whichever eye is easiest to detect. However, if using Zone AF, it would be much easier to make it pick the eye you want by moving the "zone" away from the eye you don't want.