Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2021, 02:28 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
K-3 III and Image Transmitter

Has anyone already managed to operate the K-3 III in tethered mode with the Image Transmitter software? I have the latest version (Nov. 2019) on a MacBook Pro running MacOS 10.13 and while the manual and IT webpage say it works the software says, “This camera not supported.” Updating the firmware did not help.

04-30-2021, 02:43 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wkraus Quote
Has anyone already managed to operate the K-3 III in tethered mode with the Image Transmitter software? I have the latest version (Nov. 2019) on a MacBook Pro running MacOS 10.13 and while the manual and IT webpage say it works the software says, “This camera not supported.” Updating the firmware did not help.
I just see that this has been reported by at least one user: Software bug in supplied program - PentaxForums.com
04-30-2021, 09:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I don't think I've filed a bug report on this one with Ricoh yet. I filed one on the (now fixed) EV compensation bug. I also filed a feature request for having the names of user modes displayed when rotating the mode dial. I'd kind of been hoping that a week in, they would get their act together and post an update to IT2. Maybe we need to start filing support tickets for this, too.
04-30-2021, 09:25 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
I don't think I've filed a bug report on this one with Ricoh yet. I filed one on the (now fixed) EV compensation bug. I also filed a feature request for having the names of user modes displayed when rotating the mode dial. I'd kind of been hoping that a week in, they would get their act together and post an update to IT2. Maybe we need to start filing support tickets for this, too.
Do you have a link for doing so? That would be kind.

04-30-2021, 09:39 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Here's the support link: Online Support Ricoh Imaging - Ricoh

I'll file a quick request right now, but I think more people filing will get it more attention.
05-04-2021, 10:34 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
Here's the support link: Online Support Ricoh Imaging - Ricoh

I'll file a quick request right now, but I think more people filing will get it more attention.
Thank you (a little late…)
05-04-2021, 08:14 PM   #7

The FAQ for the K-3iii mentions that an update for Image Transmitter 2 is needed. Hopefully this will be available soon. And equally hopeful is that Ricoh will start production of the discs and will be available for sale again.

QuoteQuote:
Can the camera be operated from PC?

Yes. By installing the optional tethering software [IMAGE Transmitter 2] (Update is needed) on your PC, and connecting it with the K-3 Mark III via USB terminal, you can operate the K-3 Mark III, automatically transfer and save recorded images, and check photographic data on your computer.
*For more details for [IMAGE Transmitter 2], please refer to the operation manual that uploaded at URL below.
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/image_transmitter2_operation_en.pdf
PENTAX K-3 II | FAQ | Support | RICOH IMAGING

05-04-2021, 08:24 PM   #8

Has anyone tried Pentax Forums tethering app?

Introducing Pentax Wi-Fi & USB Tether by PentaxForums.com - PentaxForums.com
10-04-2021, 03:36 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wkraus Quote
I have the latest version (Nov. 2019) on a MacBook Pro running MacOS 10.13 and while the manual and IT webpage say it works the software says, “This camera not supported.”
Updating the firmware did not help.
With the new published Firmware v1.3 and IT2 v2.6 your K-3 III should work
Latest PENTAX K-3 Mark III Firmware Update : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING
IMAGE Transmitter 2 Update for Windows : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING
10-06-2021, 06:03 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I just got a copy of the original Transmitter 2 and installed it, and then added the IT2 v2.6 update just released. I will test with the K-3 iii some time the next few days and report back. They certainly make you jump through hoops to get the original Transmitter install files!
10-06-2021, 02:01 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
Thanks -- installed but not yet used.
10-07-2021, 05:44 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Apparently the new version of the Image Transmitter 2 is compatible with the "K-1 Mark III" - are they hinting at something ?

Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING
10-07-2021, 05:52 AM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vimlr007 Quote
Apparently the new version of the Image Transmitter 2 is compatible with the "K-1 Mark III" - are they hinting at something ?
Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING

Well spotted!
If that's anything more than a typo it's implying that a lot of the specification for the K-1iii is already finalised
10-07-2021, 02:45 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
Well spotted!
If that's anything more than a typo it's implying that a lot of the specification for the K-1iii is already finalised
As there is no mention of the K-3 Mark III I assume it’s a typo.
10-07-2021, 03:30 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Of course it is a typo.