Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 19 Likes Search this Thread
05-06-2021, 04:16 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks for posting, it is a little bit brighter.

05-06-2021, 04:54 PM - 2 Likes   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
Thanks for posting, it is a little bit brighter.
The combination of a bit brighter and noticeably bigger makes a huge difference for manual focus. I finally learned that manual focus was something I could enjoy doing when I got my 645D, and now with the K-3 iii, I’m even doing small manual focus adjustments on autofocus lenses. I don’t think one can appreciate the difference until you actually have it up to your face.
05-06-2021, 07:02 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I've always thought if more people could handle Pentax's, more people would buy them. I've had a couple of folks on Facebook buy a Pentax simply because they like photos I post.
One of the reasons I bought a K100D some 14 years ago was because I had the chance to handle it, the Nikon D40, and Canon Rebel. The K100D felt the best, so it made sense to go with it.
05-06-2021, 08:30 PM   #19

I want to express appreciation for the example and feedback comments given thus far in this thread. Given the extensive effort that Pentax has undertaken to implement and promote this advancement... presents a bit of a paradox:
- In some regards it appears that the gains are relatively small in terms of pure specification. And some brief reviewers will likely not feel that the gains are significant enough given the pre-release hype.
- Yet in other regards the gains are likely to prove synergistically greater that the mere specifications might indicate.

The ability for potential adopters to predict how the actual gains may apply to their personal use case will be dependent on actual use feedback and comparisons from you early adopters (pro or con).

05-06-2021, 09:25 PM   #20

Ricoh posted a video showing a comparison between the K-3ii viewfinder vs the K-3ii some time ago. But is nice to see a "peer" comparison.

05-06-2021, 09:38 PM - 1 Like   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
That's exactly my impression when I used my K-3 II after using the K-3 Mark III for a week. My face and right hand felt a bit cramped on the K-3 II. On the K-3 II, I would smudge the right lens of my eyeglasses occasionally with my right thumb; not so on the Mark III. It's surprising how much difference 3 mm makes!

- Craig
So much for the "flippy screen" adherents who think the 3mm design decision to be bogus.

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
On the K-1 it's particularly bad, with the moon-lander LCD protruding more than the eye piece. Not a deal breaker, of course - but could get uncomfortable.
It would be interesting to compare with the K-3iii.
That would be an interesting comparison.

It would be interesting to hear the opinions of eyeglass wearers and people with large noses too. I should think the difference may be even noticeable while wearing eyeglasses.