Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
all I can tell you folks it is fast

and hard for me to just take a single shot if multiple frames is selected

on other cameras using a light touch I could do that

the K 3 III is very hard to do that at least for me
05-05-2021, 06:08 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

One star XS JPEG, cropped. Useless; if you only want to hear the shutter you could do it without a card.
05-05-2021, 07:41 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
all I can tell you folks it is fast

on other cameras using a light touch I could do that

the K 3 III is very hard to do that at least for me
Have you played with different shooting speeds? The K-3 III offers three different speeds in continuous.

05-05-2021, 08:14 AM   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Breakfastographer Quote
Have you played with different shooting speeds? The K-3 III offers three different speeds in continuous.
Yes and I was using the lowest one
05-09-2021, 05:38 AM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I'm curious if the write speed is faster with a UHSII card in slot 1 and no card at all in slot 2? I want to know if using two types slows it to the speed of the slower interface.
05-09-2021, 05:40 AM   #7
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
I'm curious if the write speed is faster with a UHSII card in slot 1 and no card at all in slot 2? I want to know if using two types slows it to the speed of the slower interface.
would it matter is one of the slots is set to Jpeg and the other set to RAW ( DNG ) ?

if so, which one, slot I or slot 2

wouldn't the slower processing be recording JPEG

and then if you put the slower processing in the faster slot ?

05-09-2021, 06:15 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

would it matter is one of the slots is set to Jpeg and the other set to RAW ( DNG ) ?
if so, which one, slot I or slot 2
wouldn't the slower processing be recording JPEG
and then if you put the slower processing in the faster slot ?
It would depend on the hardware design. There's been a history of devices (not cameras) which reduce the speed to the slowest device on a communication medium. So I'm curious if having two different speed cards and physical interfaces active will slow the fast interface down. Either way, it's more work for the CPU to send two different file types to two destinations than one file type to one destination. If there is a single buffer memory being used for the data stream from the sensor and the data being written to the SD cards, the output to the cards will also reduce the space for input from the sensor. There's lots of possibilities depending on the design. Anyway, I'm unlikely to get any proprietary information, so I'm just curious if having a single UHSII card is faster than a UHSII and a UHSI.
05-09-2021, 08:27 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
It would depend on the hardware design. There's been a history of devices (not cameras) which reduce the speed to the slowest device on a communication medium. So I'm curious if having two different speed cards and physical interfaces active will slow the fast interface down. Either way, it's more work for the CPU to send two different file types to two destinations than one file type to one destination. If there is a single buffer memory being used for the data stream from the sensor and the data being written to the SD cards, the output to the cards will also reduce the space for input from the sensor. There's lots of possibilities depending on the design. Anyway, I'm unlikely to get any proprietary information, so I'm just curious if having a single UHSI card is faster than a UHSII and a UHSI.
I've set mine up to use Slot 1 and use Slot 2 only for overflow. I don't foresee ever shooting till the card is full in slot 1 that would probably be well over 1000 images on a 32gb UHS II card. I think the fastest write speed will be to use only slot one with a UHSII card but it has to be a card with fast write speed and there are may UHSII cards out there that aren't much faster than the fastes UHSI cards.
05-09-2021, 08:52 PM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
I've set mine up to use Slot 1 and use Slot 2 only for overflow. I don't foresee ever shooting till the card is full in slot 1 that would probably be well over 1000 images on a 32gb UHS II card. I think the fastest write speed will be to use only slot one with a UHSII card but it has to be a card with fast write speed and there are may UHSII cards out there that aren't much faster than the fastes UHSI cards.
Sure, I'm not telling anyone what to do. I'm just curious what the fastest arrangement is. I already record 4K video on UHS1 cards, so I'm not sure how much difference a UHS2 card will make in practice. I'm also curious what type and arrangement of cards people used in their buffer tests.

A UHS2 card is theoretically up to triple the speed of a UHS1 card. Theory and reality could be very different, but having more data lines ought to improve throughput.

---------- Post added 10-05-21 at 01:54 PM ----------

Even with my K3 classic, on high speed continuous I usually end up with two or three shots instead of one. I'm generally more worried about holding the camera steady than accidentally getting two frames.