Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2021, 01:33 PM   #106
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
We should only look at the images.
That's what I recommend you do; look at the images which are contained in the research paper.

So... contrary to "predictions", stacking appears to work.
I never said stacking won't work. I said that stacking works better with unprocessed image data.

Could you please stop misrepresenting others and me?

So... give me images without pattern noise and without ugly magenta noise any time.
This can be achieved without mandatory destructive image processing. AFAIC, the K-1 is a good example for that.

05-07-2021, 01:41 PM - 1 Like   #107
Pentaxian

So... give me images without pattern noise and without ugly magenta noise any time.
Preferring in camera NR even for raws is fine but these discussions get very long when you dispute general things like noise reduction causing some detail loss. Just stating that it looks good to you and that the trade off makes sense is uncontroversial. It should also be uncontroversial to consider destructive (technically speaking even if not immediately visible) manipulation of raw files a regression from an important aspect of digital photography. One that has enabled a lot of innovation.
05-07-2021, 01:42 PM - 6 Likes   #108
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
and th-th-That's all folks.

Thread closed
Closed Thread