Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 23 Likes Search this Thread
05-19-2021, 06:28 AM - 2 Likes   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ok, latest news is that my camera is sent from the dealer (in Norway) tomorrow. I will have it in the beginning of next week.

05-19-2021, 07:58 AM   #47

QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
Congratulations!
Is CameraNu similar to Kamera Express? I just looked up their website and found a K-lens I didn't know: the Thingyfy Pinhole Pro X. Anyone used this lens?
Those companies are the biggest in Holland for camera's and they both offer 5 years of guarantee.
05-19-2021, 08:33 AM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congratulations!
Is CameraNu similar to Kamera Express? I just looked up their website and found a K-lens I didn't know: the Thingyfy Pinhole Pro X. Anyone used this lens?
Thanks! I think CameraNu is a bit bigger but I am not sure. You can find them here: Camera of spiegelreflexcamera kopen? | CameraNU.nl
05-19-2021, 09:28 AM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
Ok, latest news is that my camera is sent from the dealer (in Norway) tomorrow. I will have it in the beginning of next week.
Great! Mine too I hope. Provided that we have the same dealer.
Ordered mine 1. April.....

05-19-2021, 10:42 AM - 1 Like   #50
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
That was rather Foolish
05-20-2021, 12:53 AM   #51
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
A lot of us seem to have done it that day...
Maybe that's why they underestimated the demand...
05-20-2021, 01:59 AM - 1 Like   #52
Pentaxian

My kit just arrived at work - 5 minutes after I myself arrived... Just a shame I can't leave immediately...

05-20-2021, 02:40 AM   #53
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

My kit just arrived at work - 5 minutes after I myself arrived... Just a shame I can't leave immediately...
Remember that it is said that Patience is a virtue

and is some times over rated
05-20-2021, 02:42 AM   #54
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats!! There is hope still it seems... No word here yet...
05-20-2021, 04:17 AM   #55
Pentaxian

The in-camera charge process already lasts for 2 hours... is the optional separate charger any faster?
05-20-2021, 04:40 AM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The in-camera charge process already lasts for 2 hours... is the optional separate charger any faster?
2 of them, the standard and the fast one. Std = €79 and the fast one = €129 - You'll find them in the accessories | chargers on Ricoh-imaging.eu
05-20-2021, 05:10 AM - 1 Like   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
2 of them, the standard and the fast one. Std = €79 and the fast one = €129 - You'll find them in the accessories | chargers on Ricoh-imaging.eu
I've been charging some empty batteries with the standard charger (K-BC90) in anticipation of the not yet arrived camera. I can already tell you that the standard charger takes considerably longer than 2 hours.

No problem for home charging, since I always have a few charged ones, and hence never have to wait for it. But for travel I'm sure to get the more compact fast charger (D-BC177) some day. No long trips planned so no rush...
05-20-2021, 09:36 AM - 1 Like   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mine arrive 20mins ago. UPS / Ricoh not messing about. Picked up in Bielefeld, off to Koeln, quick flight to Dublin, across to Shannon, down to Cork and been in a van since 9:30 till 17:10. Skipped the UK land bridge altogether saving a couple of days - Brexit benefit
05-20-2021, 12:43 PM - 1 Like   #59
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
I've been charging some empty batteries with the standard charger (K-BC90) in anticipation of the not yet arrived camera. I can already tell you that the standard charger takes considerably longer than 2 hours.

No problem for home charging, since I always have a few charged ones, and hence never have to wait for it. But for travel I'm sure to get the more compact fast charger (D-BC177) some day. No long trips planned so no rush...
The website states that the rapid charger can complete the charge in about 2,5 hrs... Not sure that is necessarily much faster than in-body charging. I'm now charging the second battery but didn't keep time well.
The fast charger is K-BC177 by the way, at least according to Ricoh Europe.

Some people also wanted a meat hot shoe cover, I think. Is that the Hot Shoe Cover O-HC177 or the HOT SHOE COVER O-HC171 (anniversary version) ?
I'm not sure I will go for either. That's the kind of accessories you only loose money on.

The camera feels very robust, and indeed it is great to hold. But I'm still charging...

---------- Post added 05-20-2021 at 07:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
Mine arrive 20mins ago. UPS / Ricoh not messing about. Picked up in Bielefeld, off to Koeln, quick flight to Dublin, across to Shannon, down to Cork and been in a van since 9:30 till 17:10. Skipped the UK land bridge altogether saving a couple of days - Brexit benefit
Enjoy! Mine came from Langenhagen (oder so etwas) to Nuremberg then Grödig, Austria. Three days in all.
Brexit benefit ... Ireland speaking ...

---------- Post added 05-20-2021 at 07:52 PM ----------

Oh - one last quick point: the grip attaches fine to the body, but there is a small gap in the middle (not at the ends). Has such a gap always been default? Seems somewhat odd to me for an AW camera.
05-20-2021, 01:32 PM   #60
Veteran Member

The fast charger is K-BC177 by the way, at least according to Ricoh Europe.
Actually, there are three Pentax chargers for the K-3III batteries:
- K-BC90: standard "slow" charger that came with the older cameras
- K-BC177: new fast charger "Battery Charger Adapter Kit" which includes the power adapter.
- D-BC177: new fast charger without power adapter.
I have the first one because of my history with Pentax, and will be getting the third for charging with my universal USB-C charger/cable for traveling light.

Note that the new accessories for the K-3III all carry the number 177.

Some people also wanted a meat hot shoe cover, I think. Is that the Hot Shoe Cover O-HC177 or the HOT SHOE COVER O-HC171 (anniversary version) ?
... So the new hot shoe for the K-3III is also designated with the number 177, i.e. it's O-HC177.