Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2021, 02:32 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The conclusion is:
Availability is given since 2 weeks. Cameras are in Stock and can be send to every EU-country within days.
If warranty is more important than availability, waiting is neccesary.

05-11-2021, 02:53 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Norway is not an EU country...
05-11-2021, 04:07 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
The conclusion is:
Availability is given since 2 weeks. Cameras are in Stock and can be send to every EU-country within days.
That's what I heard in Belgium early last week as well. No word since then however... Perhaps Ricoh EU is manually drawing straws to decide who amongst the too many premium kit pre-orders will get one and who won't?
05-11-2021, 04:43 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
That's what I heard in Belgium early last week as well. No word since then however... Perhaps Ricoh EU is manually drawing straws to decide who amongst the too many premium kit pre-orders will get one and who won't?
I dont think Pentax is in the position to cancel orders. If there isn't enough premium kits, they should anyway deliver a camera, a vertical grip, a battery and the leather strap for the same price as the kit.

05-11-2021, 05:09 AM   #20
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
I dont think Pentax is in the position to cancel orders. If there isn't enough premium kits, they should anyway deliver a camera, a vertical grip, a battery and the leather strap for the same price as the kit.
That would anger those of us who paid extra for the exclusive leather strap

I paid for that exclusive opportunity

Now if Pentax gives out more than 2000 of the Special leather straps or 1000 silver battery grips

They break their promise to me and others

Last edited by aslyfox; 05-11-2021 at 05:48 AM.
05-11-2021, 05:14 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The conclusion is:
According to a post in the news section Ricoh Europe do not have the camera in stock...
05-11-2021, 05:45 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
According to a post in the news section Ricoh Europe do not have the camera in stock...
DOesn't matter, there are enough copies available in stock at other sellers since >2 weeks.

It is easy to get a copy instantly shipped to Scandinavia (18€ shipping to Sverige).
Pentax K-3 Mark III Premium Kit silbern kaufen bei AC-Foto.com

In Germany, first copies had been shipped two weeks ago to the customers who did preorder. So the camera is available since at least 25th April 2021.
www.pentaxians.de/40456504nx51499/dslr-f22/k3-iii-t43827.html

The K-3 III has been on stock at 9 sellers/shops in europe until last week, now sold out at 8 of them:
idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/201185846_-k-3-mark-iii-pentax.html

05-11-2021, 11:37 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
That would anger those of us who paid extra for the exclusive leather strap

I paid for that exclusive opportunity

Now if Pentax gives out more than 2000 of the Special leather straps or 1000 silver battery grips

They break their promise to me and others
Two opposing opinions. To be fair, and although it may not seem so, independent on my own current position, I tend to agree wit StigVidar.

The reason for this is that Ricoh did not charge a premium price for what they call the premium kit. On the contrary it is a discounted kit, so I fail to see what was paid for that exclusivity. One could even argue that Ricoh actually paid us to get the kit, not the other way around.

Anyway, I don't care about the leather strap or the "special" box, and I could live with a black grip on a silver body, or an all black body+grip. I do believe Ricoh should honour confirmed pre-orders by delivering at least body+grip+battery at the same premium kit price to those early customers.

---------- Post added 12-05-21 at 08:40 ----------

DOesn't matter, there are enough copies available in stock at other sellers since >2 weeks.
There are indeed, or so it would seem at least. Seems some stores pre-ordered without actual customers? Or shouted louder?

Anyway, I'm staying loyal to my local B&M store.
05-12-2021, 03:49 AM   #24
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Two opposing opinions. To be fair, and although it may not seem so, independent on my own current position, I tend to agree wit StigVidar.

The reason for this is that Ricoh did not charge a premium price for what they call the premium kit. On the contrary it is a discounted kit, so I fail to see what was paid for that exclusivity. One could even argue that Ricoh actually paid us to get the kit, not the other way around.

Anyway, I don't care about the leather strap or the "special" box, and I could live with a black grip on a silver body, or an all black body+grip. I do believe Ricoh should honour confirmed pre-orders by delivering at least body+grip+battery at the same premium kit price to those early customers.. . .
opinions can differ

but Ricoh made a promise to those lucky enough to pay extra for a product which all knew was to be " limited " and get one of a limited supply

as it was explained to me when I was worried that all of those kits would be sold to the areas of the world where consumers were able to pre order before those of us in the States could place a pre-order, most likely Ricoh had designated supplies of that " limited " product to specific markets, not whoever placed a pre-order first in time.

I was prepared to have my pre-order not filled

now it would be ok for Ricoh to break its word ?

1,000 black K 3 III with 1,000 black battery grips and extra battery,

1,000 silver K 3 III with 1,000 silver battery grips and extra battery, [ I received written notice that should my silver battery grip need to be replaced, it would not be silver but black ]

2,000 special leather straps

2,000 special boxes

we all knew it going in

change the " rules of the game " now ?

I have no problem if Ricoh sells or even gives a black grip to everyone since I paid for the silver premium kit but some one who bought the black premium kit might

Last edited by aslyfox; 05-12-2021 at 05:53 AM.
05-13-2021, 05:04 PM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
five years i Norway
That's really good... but are prices hiked up accordingly?
Meanwhile, I may receive my kit by the end of next week

---------- Post added 05-14-2021 at 12:20 AM ----------

The leather strap is part of the kit - and yes, they should stick to the advertised number to remain believable.
It also should not be too difficult to allocate premium kits - there's only 2,000 of them after all. But I do have some doubts about their bookkeeping.
I will be very happy when my kit arrives, as it is likely now, by the end of next week.
If it doesn't, I won't go for a camera with standard grip and some strap. I may go for a camera only - or maintain my love for film.

Last edited by Smolk; 05-13-2021 at 05:20 PM.
05-14-2021, 02:32 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm still waiting patiently (but becoming slightly impatient as every say passes) for my K-3 iii Premium in Silver preordered early April from Ricoh-Imaging.eu. On the plus side they've given me the 13000 Loyalty points so just have to wait and see.
05-14-2021, 03:10 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Am I understanding correctly that some countries are just way behind? Or have some people got cameras even in the "late" nations?
05-14-2021, 03:11 PM   #28
Pentaxian

The black versions are also available in Romania (previously there was only one - sold to a friend of mine; and a silver body + a silver Premium kit).
05-14-2021, 03:15 PM   #29
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
Am I understanding correctly that some countries are just way behind? Or have some people got cameras even in the "late" nations?
unless a member has announced it in a thread and/or listed the K 3 III in the serial number list

there is no way to know

so far 32 members from the US, Canada, Australia, the UK, Poland and Europe have listed cameras in the serial number list

Pentax K-3 III Serial Numbers - Pentax Serial Number Database - PentaxForums.com

Last edited by aslyfox; 05-15-2021 at 05:33 AM.
05-14-2021, 10:20 PM   #30
Pentaxian

Received the following news:
“ We have been advised that the pre-orders will be shipped from today onwards.”
Tracking number to follow early next week !