Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2022, 04:27 AM - 1 Like   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Settesz Quote
Oh crap, it worked!
I've attached my 50-135 wchich was getting slow, played with it in live wiev and the AF is now quite a bit faster!
Definitely something to it. At first I thought it was just a bit better, but the more I used it on the K-3iii the better it would perform.

For me the 50-135 was reserved for portrait and some formal event work. Even then autofocus was dreadful on other bodies. It now is permanently locked on to one of my K-3iii bodies and is used for sports. I can't wait until football season to use it as a secondary to the DA*300 or maybe I'll get the 150-450 before then...i've been looking at it at least once a week now.

05-07-2022, 08:43 AM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rtmarwitz Quote
Definitely something to it. At first I thought it was just a bit better, but the more I used it on the K-3iii the better it would perform.

For me the 50-135 was reserved for portrait and some formal event work. Even then autofocus was dreadful on other bodies. It now is permanently locked on to one of my K-3iii bodies and is used for sports. I can't wait until football season to use it as a secondary to the DA*300 or maybe I'll get the 150-450 before then...i've been looking at it at least once a week now.
Great set of shots!
06-25-2022, 05:14 AM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Great set of shots!
Thank you! Aside from the 50-135 conversation. he K-3iii has been an absolute joy to use and for what I do fits the bill! I would say the only thing I miss is the screen tilt up/down for overhead shots and shots from the ground. I have found that I do that for quite a few shots.
5 Days Ago   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
I wonder how mine will do. I've converted it to screw drive after its second SDM failure. Anyone tested screw drive converted DA* lenses yet?
I use on the K-3iii my HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mm F4-5.8 ED WR Lens for mid range zoom work. On the K-3iii compared to the K-3, the hit rate for sharp images of oncoming cars at motorway speeds is much better, near 100%, in AF-C mode. For the K-3, sometimes it didn't quite keep pace with the oncoming vehicle - fine for panning shots. For my DA 35mm F2.4 AL Lens, focus lock-on is virtually instantaneous. Again for my HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW Lens, focus lock on in all situations is virtually instantaneous, complete with eye tracking for birds in flight. The K-3iii is now a great action camera. I hope this is useful.

4 Days Ago   #50
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Robert N Quote
I use on the K-3iii my HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mm F4-5.8 ED WR Lens for mid range zoom work. On the K-3iii compared to the K-3, the hit rate for sharp images of oncoming cars at motorway speeds is much better, near 100%, in AF-C mode. For the K-3, sometimes it didn't quite keep pace with the oncoming vehicle - fine for panning shots. For my DA 35mm F2.4 AL Lens, focus lock-on is virtually instantaneous. Again for my HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW Lens, focus lock on in all situations is virtually instantaneous, complete with eye tracking for birds in flight. The K-3iii is now a great action camera. I hope this is useful.
Thanks! In the mean time my K-3 mark III has been put through the testing mill quite seriously. I'm just back from two weeks in Iceland. Though most action (wildlife) photography was done with the DFA150-450, AF on the screw drive converted DA*50-135 performed really well.

As usual I got a lot of weird looks when I continued shooting in heavy rain while everybody else started panicking and putting away or trying to shield their gear from the elements. Some actually pointed out that I should take more care of my stuff. I laughed it off saying "this is a Pentax, it can take it", and happily continued knowing I would be alright, and I was of course. Happy days!

grtz, Wim