Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
05-11-2021, 06:25 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Deliveries of K-3 III in Europe

We have several threads about the new K-3 in the US, Canada, Australia, UK, but not for Europe. There were some individual indications that people had received their orders (at least for certain), but on the whole I believe most are waiting, even early adopters. So it might be useful to track how things are going, especially since Ricoh told me today that there was an unexpected postponement in the delivery to Ricoh Europe and that they could not yet say when my premium silver kit would arrive.
I ordered on April 1, directly with Ricoh Imaging EU. What about others - when did you order, where, and did you receive your camera?

05-11-2021, 06:32 AM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

you can get an idea of who has gotten what when by looking at the serial number registration list

currently 27 members have registered their K 3 III serial numbers

Pentax K-3 III Serial Numbers - Pentax Serial Number Database - PentaxForums.com

the members registering their serial numbers are from the US, Canada, UK and Europe but none from Australia

I ordered the Silver Premium kit as soon as possible here in the US on April 6 from Adorama and received it on April 23
05-11-2021, 06:44 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I ordered my Premium Black on 01APR , and paid on 01APR , no progress.....
05-11-2021, 07:09 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I mailed my local Belgian B&M store on April 1 to pre-order a silver premium kit, and got their reply on April 2 that my camera was reserved for me with Ricoh, with an order form in attach (stating a symbolic pre-order price of 0.10 EUR). The day after (April 3) they sent me an order form with the correct price. The official order date is April 2. Expected delivery was stated by Ricoh as late April/early May.

Upon my inquiry last week (May 4) the store contacted Ricoh and came back to me saying they (Ricoh) received a few and would be distributing these (not specifying which versions), expected to arrive in store the same week or this week. This week being a short week in Belgium (public holiday on Thursday May 13 with a lot of people not working Friday either), I wouldn't surprised I'll hear more next week only... at least I hope so...

Looks like Ricoh Europe underestimated sales compared to the other regions and they were slightly overwhelmed by the orders they received? It does seem strange that there are German stores that show the silver premium kit in stock though...

I'm keeping my batteries topped up anyway...

05-11-2021, 07:54 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Ordered my black body 1.April. Not yet in Norway.....
05-11-2021, 08:44 AM   #6
Forum Member

I ordered my K3III (body only) on April 21. It arrived on April 26. I ordered the camera at my local camera-shop here in Germany.
05-11-2021, 08:47 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I ordered a black kit in Norway late in April. Not received anything yet......

05-11-2021, 10:58 AM   #8
Pentaxian

I ordered the Premium Kit Black via ricoh-imaging.eu on April 6 and received it April 21. Needless to say, I’m mighty impressed...
05-11-2021, 12:44 PM - 1 Like   #9
Forum Member

I pre-ordered a black premium kit on the 1st of April direct from Ricoh EU (I’m in France), hoping that it would be the best, most direct way, rather than pre-order from a retailer. After all, paying direct upfront rather than paying a reservation fee to a retailer should count for something, right?

Well, zero news since then from Ricoh, apart from the confirmation email and the fact that the payment was made.

Even though I am a bit disappointed by the fact that apparently the first to order are not the first to be served, I am still happy for those lucky ones who already received theirs. Use it well and enjoy for the rest of us that are still waiting !
05-11-2021, 06:26 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"Low Stock" on my Premium Black kit now......
05-11-2021, 09:59 PM - 1 Like   #11

I ordered and paid my black Premium Kit on April 18 at AC-Foto in Germany. It's on the way and will be arrived today or on friday.
05-11-2021, 10:33 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Mine was ordered on the 22nd April from Bristol Cameras in the UK. Must have been dispatched almost immediately because I cleared it through customs and collected it from the Post Office on the 26th. That four days included a weekend and being sent a letter from the Post Office notifying me that the camera was awaiting clearance. If the retailer had included my 'phone number on the paperwork it might have been even quicker!
I tried ordering directly from Ricoh UK but they wouldn't reply to my messages!

Last edited by kypfer; 05-11-2021 at 10:53 PM.
05-11-2021, 11:37 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wkraus Quote
I ordered the Premium Kit Black via ricoh-imaging.eu on April 6 and received it April 21. Needless to say, I’m mighty impressed...
That's interesting, as I ordered April 1 and don't even have an estimated delivery date.
Perhaps it's the Premium Silver Kit that does it
05-11-2021, 11:47 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
That's interesting, as I ordered April 1 and don't even have an estimated delivery date.
Perhaps it's the Premium Silver Kit that does it
Special colour items are less popular in Europe I think, and as such Ricoh Europe probably didn't correctly forecast the popularity of the silver kit. And probably the Brit and German sales managers shouted the loudest once it was clear they allocated too few. Sounds familiar...

Last edited by Ishpuini; 05-12-2021 at 03:42 AM.
05-12-2021, 04:23 AM - 1 Like   #15
Pentaxian

i ordered mine 31 march, arrived at the shop 24 april and monday 26 april it was in my hands :-) (silver kit)
Ricoh-imaging acknowledge at the time that supply was minimal