Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
05-19-2021, 05:27 PM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Histogram display in liveview?

Is there a setting that displays the histogram in liveview?
I expect it's there somewhere in the settings but I can't find it.
Hopefully some kind soul will point me in the right direction.

Cheers,
Terry

05-19-2021, 08:13 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Greatcoats off!
I managed to get the histogram display.
It's described on page 108, and I'd been through the process a couple of times with no success, but this time it worked...don't ask why/how!

Cheers,
Terry
05-25-2021, 12:39 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Display the histogram during Live view:
Menu C4 | Monitor Display | Live View | > | Shooting info display | > | Current display pattern = L1 (L2, L3).
L1 (L2, L3) Customization | > | Histogram, check with OK

Display the histogram during instant review:
Menu C4 | Instant Review | Histogram | > | On (default = Off)

Two small histograms for brightness and RGB are also shown when viewing images with the Playback button [<], and INFO is pressed twice.
If you want to show this screen immediately after the Playback button:
Menu C4 | Monitor display | Playback info display | Standard info display | > | check Histogram
05-26-2021, 03:41 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It works the way Kobayashi says EXCEPT when you enabled contrast lines for focussing in Live View AF-settings. The options for Histogram and Warning for overexposure are greyed out. So you cant switch them on.
And when they were previously selected to be on, and you put the contrast lines for focussing on in Live view AF settings, then they will be switched off and greyed out.
I have no idea why you cant have both a histogram in Live view together with contrast lines for focussing switched on, like on the K-1.

07-29-2021, 10:42 AM - 2 Likes   #5
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bvanes Quote
It works the way Kobayashi says EXCEPT when you enabled contrast lines for focussing in Live View AF-settings. The options for Histogram and Warning for overexposure are greyed out. So you cant switch them on.
And when they were previously selected to be on, and you put the contrast lines for focussing on in Live view AF settings, then they will be switched off and greyed out.
I have no idea why you cant have both a histogram in Live view together with contrast lines for focussing switched on, like on the K-1.
Agreed... was scratching my head as to why I could not view the Histogram Live while in Live View. Box was 'Greyed Out' so could not activate it. I had to turn off the 'Focus Peaking (AF with Live View) to be able to view the Histogram. It's not clever you can't use both. I've flagged this with Pentax as I don't know why you can't use both. Useful if focusing manually.