Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2021, 06:30 AM   #16
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Doesn't the K-3iii have mechanical ibis (SR) when using video mode?

07-12-2021, 11:53 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sbh Quote
Doesn't the K-3iii have mechanical ibis (SR) when using video mode?
It does have mechanical SR. And it is effective also. If you want super shooth hand held shot video. You’ll need very stabile hands. Especially for video shot in 4K. Depends what is one’s standards. I’v captured quite fast action with FHD and 60/fps. Actually. And if you use digital stabilisation in post, it is even better.
08-15-2021, 01:33 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Oh boy has it been tough summer, but I’v shot some more material, and it is coming up in few days. Warning, I did shoot handheld and with monopod, and at the times it can be jelly but some how it is smoother than it was when I got the camera(early adopter) perhaps 1.20 FW did something going to work with it more and come back to it when I have time
08-19-2021, 12:28 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Well here it is, music is just simple thing and propably will be replaced. I did shoot most of it with K-3III becase it was so handy in size and did not bother people as much as video camera with tripod. Slomo is shot with BMPCC4K and beginnig, but rest is with K-3III going to take tripod for K-3 next time, and save money for gimbal.

08-20-2021, 11:57 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Alright! I had amazing walk about 4 km. from my home, and I did take tripod with me. This video is clips with out anything else done tothem than put in order that I did like, and I did shave end and beginnings of them. Nothing else than transfer from card and yes, I did do this in HD, but I filmed it in 4K, I can update this video in vimeo IF there is need for it. (you guys give me notice/comment if needed) I'll work with this for a while, this is fresh still.

Edit: I did use HD DA 55-300 WR zoom for all of the clips, because I have SiC challenge/game going on with it this month...

08-20-2021, 01:23 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is good work. It not only shows off the abilities of the new camera but is an interesting and lovely video in it's own right. Thanks for sharing.
08-20-2021, 01:43 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
This is good work. It not only shows off the abilities of the new camera but is an interesting and lovely video in it's own right. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for the commenting. I’ll keep on working with this. It is capable camera with video in mind too

09-08-2021, 04:28 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yeah, not so much action at here. I'v been exploring K-3III video(going to buy gimbal next week, not to be used with 'just' K-3III, but still mostly for now). I have now tried it and will explore more in future of twisting 'flat' mode. I just dialled contrast all the way down and lifted sharpness. Then I slapped on that Blackmagic LUT in resolve. I just tried it quickly and I was inside with ISO 5000. There is noise ofcourse in those shots but I don't want to post those examples at here. Why I'm doing this? because I tried with 'normal' file which is acceptable already as is IMO to try to improve on that. I notice that it was hard and I wanted more material to work with. ISO 500 is actually not 'that' bad. But I'm going to try with ISO 100-3400 more with this and come back to it in couple of days or so. Perhaps also have material with Incamera colour and 'flat - graded' version to make it interesting. propably going to buy also Atomos Ninja for my BM4K, but also for my future update with one of my Black magic camera to get higher quality and portability, while having K-3III as backup for video but mostly for photos. Anyway...

examples coming through. This week with colours and next or one week after that with gimbal(I'm going to have one gig where I'm shooting streetperformances and it is propably going to rain, so k-3III with DA*16-50(SDM, since my budget goes to these other things first) is going to be in heavy use...BMPCC4K is not so fond of the rain...
09-09-2021, 09:26 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Original Poster
New video coming up today! New gimbal coming at monday(ooops)…
09-09-2021, 12:24 PM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yeah, here it goes. My latest 'test video'. Again, nothing too fancy done at here. Basically first one is 'straight out of camera'. Next ones are all shot whit 'flat' profile which I adjusted with dialling contrast way down.

Have a look.

Last edited by repaap; 09-13-2021 at 01:22 PM.
09-12-2021, 03:07 PM - 2 Likes   #26
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

This is a very "quick and dirty" hand held 4K video test I did with the K3iii and HDDA*16-50 PLM. The combination seems to work well, except that the sunlight on the water makes the AF go mad trying to track the movement. I used the back button AF with AFC.

09-13-2021, 10:10 AM - 1 Like   #27
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
This is a very "quick and dirty" hand held 4K video test I did with the K3iii and HDDA*16-50 PLM. The combination seems to work well, except that the sunlight on the water makes the AF go mad trying to track the movement. I used the back button AF with AFC.

https://youtu.be/h89zc4Xr04A
Nice! Looking forward to see more from that new 16-50plm

---------- Post added 09-13-21 at 20:23 ----------

I did unbox my zhiyui crane S2, obviously there is no control with lens, or camera. But I also bought focus motor.

But, my brief tryout did give to me the result that I was looking for. Very steady handheld material. Drawback is that I have so small screen now to work with. I’ll put it through places this week and also use it with BMPCC4K as it should give complete functionality with it actually. Should improve that material too.

I’m quite excited all in all.

edit: after 4 hour of play and all that, I'm still quite excited, but also quite stunned of how much of work there is to get things to work. Gimbal works just fine, focusing works just fine, me...well have to wrap my braing around this a bit more. Image quality is almost as good as it is on tripod. Balansing and making this thing work from bag -> shooting, is a wee a bit of work...I'll try 'field test' tomorrow. Obviously IF I want things smooth and I want that gimbal look, this is the way to go. Movie SR is not 'that' good, even if it is quite good.

Last edited by repaap; 09-13-2021 at 01:20 PM.
09-14-2021, 05:16 AM   #28
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Nice! Looking forward to see more from that new 16-50plm
I took a couple of clips today but there was way too much wind noise. I'll have to get up very early or pray for a still day.

QuoteQuote:
edit: after 4 hour of play and all that, I'm still quite excited, but also quite stunned of how much of work there is to get things to work. Gimbal works just fine, focusing works just fine, me...well have to wrap my braing around this a bit more. Image quality is almost as good as it is on tripod. Balansing and making this thing work from bag -> shooting, is a wee a bit of work...I'll try 'field test' tomorrow. Obviously IF I want things smooth and I want that gimbal look, this is the way to go. Movie SR is not 'that' good, even if it is quite good.

Sounds great! I'd like to see the results of that also. I tried taking video at 300mm on the HDDA55-300 PLM today but it was too unstable without a tripod. I didn't take the camcorder which was a shame because I saw a species of bird which is rare in my area.
09-14-2021, 05:25 AM   #29
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
I took a couple of clips today but there was way too much wind noise. I'll have to get up very early or pray for a still day.

[/COLOR]

Sounds great! I'd like to see the results of that also. I tried taking video at 300mm on the HDDA55-300 PLM today but it was too unstable without a tripod. I didn't take the camcorder which was a shame because I saw a species of bird which is rare in my area.
Yeah,

Some clips coming, but perhaps next week. i'm quite busy this week...maybe a sneak peek tomorrow.. I'v shot video with DA55-300 WR and it is shaky even @ 55 mm. so yes, with out tripod it is challenging. Actuaaly one of the videos with field which is above, was shot with 'just' 55-300 but it was with tripod. I suppose 55-300 PLM being even better.
09-14-2021, 01:09 PM - 1 Like   #30
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Here is one video with gimbal, I used DA40XS as well as DA*16-50 for this video. I was a bit pushing it, and Will keep on pushing. That said, I have pretty good feeling now of what I want to avoid, and good thing is that it can be avoided.

Yeah, I have good feeling about this now. Going to remove steel rings for neck strap and propably going to put microphone on the camera when I'm doing future shootings, pardon me for the sounds now...but here is the video.