Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-25-2021, 11:31 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
It just seems if they can use electronic shutter for pixel shift, someday they can enable it for normal shooting as well.
As they did with the K-1. Or was it the K-1ii?

05-25-2021, 01:17 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
As they did with the K-1. Or was it the K-1ii?
I think the K-1 II had it from the get-go, the K-1 it was added a few months after release.
05-25-2021, 06:25 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Could you please tell me which video? I could ask my partner to translate. Presumably any camera with video must have an electronic shutter capability?[COLOR="Silver"]
I don’t have the energy to go back and find it right now. I think it had English subtitles (not auto-translated), so it was more about needing someone who can read the nuance of Wakashiro-san’s tone and body language than the actual words he said. If you want to try to find it, it was one of the CP+ videos and it was a conversation between Wakashiron-san and one of the ambassadors who had tested the camera.
05-25-2021, 06:30 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
I don’t have the energy to go back and find it right now. I think it had English subtitles (not auto-translated), so it was more about needing someone who can read the nuance of Wakashiro-san’s tone and body language than the actual words he said. If you want to try to find it, it was one of the CP+ videos and it was a conversation between Wakashiron-san and one of the ambassadors who had tested the camera.
OK, I'll have a look for the CP+ videos. I wouldn't trust subtitles at all, even if they are human generated, but especially if they are machine generated. Automatic translations of Japanese are awful. I get what you're saying about body language which would be hard, given that Japanese people are generally not expressive in formal circumstances.

Maybe this one, but I'll have to watch it in detail.

Last edited by RobG; 05-25-2021 at 06:58 PM.