Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
05-27-2021, 01:03 PM   #1
Veteran Member

So this is weird I was live streaming with the K3 III...

I could swear (99.9% sure) I did my last live stream with the K3 III. I remember plugging in the USB C cord for additional power and how the battery maintained the charge throughout which surprised me because that USB C cord didn't maintain the Fuji battery for 2 hours on another live stream.

It was a good live stream and I got the HDMI out to be clean.

BUT, now when I go to try to replicate what I did, I can't get the HDMI out, clean again. The audio meters show up on the sides and I don't know how to turn them off. I can go back to YT and watch the live stream and it's clean. The only thing I can think of is I used a different camera, but like I said, I'm 99.9% sure it was the K3 III.

The manual doesn't seem to mention the audio meters at all... or I'm just missing it.

05-27-2021, 01:41 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
XT-3 + 1080p converter card. You're welcome
05-27-2021, 02:29 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
I could swear (99.9% sure) I did my last live stream with the K3 III. I remember plugging in the USB C cord for additional power and how the battery maintained the charge throughout which surprised me because that USB C cord didn't maintain the Fuji battery for 2 hours on another live stream.

BUT, now when I go to try to replicate what I did, I can't get the HDMI out, clean again. The audio meters show up on the sides and I don't know how to turn them off. I can go back to YT and watch the live stream and it's clean. The only thing I can think of is I used a different camera, but like I said, I'm 99.9% sure it was the K3 III.

The manual doesn't seem to mention the audio meters at all... or I'm just missing it.
Didn't you say you were using live view to get clean HDMI?..
05-27-2021, 04:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by phoebus Quote
Didn't you say you were using live view to get clean HDMI?..
I guess maybe that's it.

The weird thing is when I try to replicate that, YT runs black stripes down each side, live. And the playback doesn't show that. Maybe YT cropped it when it auto saved?

05-27-2021, 04:26 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote

Old age sets in early, you know!
05-27-2021, 06:25 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
XT-3 + 1080p converter card. You're welcome
Just to clarify Ed, this is what you said you used during your last livestream. Someone asked you near the end of the stream.
05-27-2021, 09:08 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
Just to clarify Ed, this is what you said you used during your last livestream. Someone asked you near the end of the stream.
Thanks. So I used it for the live stream for sure then. And I used it with the live view setting. Wonder why I didn't get the stripes down the side in the saved playback? I wonder if the stripes were there during the live live stream?

Tonight I used the K3 Mark II and it worked great. I used the video mode as I was able to get a clean out setting after turning the level and histogram off separately. I also had the Pentax AC power supply plugged in.

Goofy that the K3 II can do something that the K3 III has trouble with. Ah well, maybe in firmware. Pentax needs to hire a video guy who knows how people want to use these things. They've got the best photo guys in the business.

05-28-2021, 06:52 AM - 2 Likes   #8

Hello ~ i love your channel and video~

if you want get clean hdmi video to live stream with the K3 III.

you need use "LV" mode not "video record mode"

and you can go to Monitor Display > Live view > Shooting info Display > L1/L2/L3 Customization > to setting a Clean mode for your live stream.

next time you can use "info button > info button > info button" to switch clean Monitor Display for your live stream.

I hope that will help you.

Last edited by pzman3d; 05-28-2021 at 06:57 AM.
09-05-2021, 05:34 AM   #9
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pzman3d Quote
Hello ~ i love your channel and video~

if you want get clean hdmi video to live stream with the K3 III.

you need use "LV" mode not "video record mode"

and you can go to Monitor Display > Live view > Shooting info Display > L1/L2/L3 Customization > to setting a Clean mode for your live stream.

next time you can use "info button > info button > info button" to switch clean Monitor Display for your live stream.

I hope that will help you.
I was experimenting with this tonight with a cheap HDMI video capture dongle and found it works pretty well using liveview - once I turned off the 'auto power off after 1 minute' setting...

The one issue is that, unlike video mode, in liveview it doesn't stop the lens down to the selected aperture setting, so you're limited to the maximum aperture of the lens you're using.

Interestingly, if you put the camera in M and enable 'Exp Simulation LV', which simulates the exposure in LV by brightening or darkening the image, the camera does stop down the lens when it needs to to achieve the appropriate darkness in the image... but you can't really control this, and it's set up so that if you're at 0EV then the lens is wide open.