Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2021, 09:34 AM   #16
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
You are an owner, right? Perhaps you can share your experience?

Steve
Yes, when I have had the time to test it some more.

---------- Post added 06-01-21 at 06:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote

fail to see why the OP feels the need to be
When someone pays so much money they tend to become defensive of their expensive gear that they stop seeing the flaws, downsizing them so that they become nothing.

I want the truth, not the biased version. I have had the camera since friday and I am slowly making my mind up. Initally I thought it sucked. Not worth the money nor the wait. But, I am warming up to it. Time will tell.

Last edited by Unregistered User; 06-01-2021 at 09:41 AM.
06-01-2021, 09:44 AM - 1 Like   #17
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
. . . When someone pays so much money they tend to become defensive of their expensive gear that they stop seeing the flaws, downsizing them so that they become nothing.

I want the truth, not the biased version. I have had the camera since friday and I am slowly making my mind up. Initally I thought it sucked. Not worth the money nor the wait. But, I am warming up to it. Time will tell.
I have found that no one is 100 % without bias

[ that includes moi ]

and finding the truth is very hard to do

especially on the internet

ultimately, it is your opinion as to the quality and value of the K 3 III that counts

not the opinion of any one else
06-01-2021, 09:46 AM - 2 Likes   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
You definitely need to forget everything you knew about using AF in the Pentax system before and try out lots of things to see what works for you and your subjects. (For instance, use the joystick instead of center point/focus/recompose. If you aren’t already using back button focus, this is a perfect time to switch, since you’re going to have to reprogram your focusing brain about lots of other things.) If you dig through the threads, you can see sequences of z-axis tracking images that I posted from a baseball game. This was something that was hopeless before, especially with abysmal continuous shooting rates. I was sold on the new AF system when I was shooting baseball and got the batter swinging, an outfielder catching a sac fly, and then locked onto the runner advancing from second base to third base (directly at me). The slow AF we used to have to deal with could not have handled that huge of variation of focus distances in rapid succession.
06-01-2021, 09:55 AM   #19
Unregistered User

I have found that no one is 100 % without bias

[ that includes moi ]

and finding the truth is very hard to do

especially on the internet

ultimately, it is your opinion as to the quality and value of the K 3 III that counts

not the opinion of any one else
True, but if you are in a buying situation you will need to have info that is as un-biased as possible and this camera is to expensive just to take a leap of faith.

06-01-2021, 10:01 AM - 1 Like   #20
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
perhaps you should start a thread

" who bought the K 3 III and regrets it - please specify why "
06-01-2021, 10:16 AM   #21
Unregistered User

perhaps you should start a thread

" who bought the K 3 III and regrets it - please specify why "
You wrote "...provocation invites retaliation