Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-08-2021, 06:44 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Processing K-3 Mark III pixelshift with dcrawps

Just a little note to say dcrawps correctly identifies that there are 4 files in a PS DNG and can output each as a TIFF without error.
dcrawps also appears to be able to process a PS shot with motion correction, and output a TIFF file.
I've not explored this is in great detail as yet, but thus far dcrawps seems to be handling the PS DNG files as expected without error.
This may be of interest to PS shooters who want a quick and easy way of getting a single layer file for additional post processing.

[edit] Whoops...I've been a bit premature I think.
I just recalled that dcrawps usually announces when it is processing a PS file, and I haven't seen that with the Mark III PS files.
A quick check with a PS file file from K-3 II, and dcrawps says "Load PS images...", and that's what has been missing when processing the Mark III PS files, so it looks like dcrawps is only using the first file.
Apologies for the the wrong info.
I might see if I can track down the author of dcrawps to see if it can be updated to handle the Mark III PS files.

Cheers,
Terry

Last edited by tduell; 06-08-2021 at 07:50 PM.