Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 35 Likes Search this Thread
06-16-2021, 11:34 PM   #46
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
IMO Everything you just described is the very definition of complicated/cumbersome seeing as you're comparing it to a 1 button on/off solution that just wasn't possible for this camera.
The difference is that it's comparatively worse (because of added complexity in operation), while it still can be an acceptable workaround. Please don't try to make it seems I'm supporting an extreme when I'm not.

Guys, I'm not attacking Pentax' choice not to include a GPS in the K-3iii. I simply wanted to express my wish that they'd try integrating one, in some future cameras I might buy.
I think I'm allowed that.

06-17-2021, 04:08 AM - 1 Like   #47
Pentaxian

I think we can expect some more narcissm and whining regardless of what the final camera will look like.
It is the neverending story of allegedly grown up humans not educated enough to understand the concept of a „tradeoff“.
If Ricoh prefers the new pentaprims over gps the one group of kids will throw themselves on the floor, if Ricoh prefers inbuilt GPS over new prism the other kids will claim to jump off a cliff.
If they give a flippy screen preference over size and weight the same mental challenge will occur in a select few internet writers.

I think it would be best to not have any of these minor features and instead watch a live stream from the edge of the highest cliff.
😀
06-17-2021, 04:30 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by phoebus Quote
I personally hope any forthcoming K-1iii maintains integral GPS and 'moon-lander' screen, but I think they made the right concessions to optimise the K-3iii for action, not landscape/astro.
Considering the naming scheme of the K-3III it seems they might indeed freeze the naming for similar cameras. This should mean that any new K-1 III would have the features and focus of the K-1. Making gps and moonlander likely.

I personally do hope that they get to making another FF model. One focussing on experience not features. The K-1 is a bit big for vintage glass and Limited primes it's not a camera you carry around willy nilly. You know you have it.

Considering how well the K-1 (II) still performs compared to it's peers I think they could keep producing it for a few more years. A minimalist FF experience focussed model would be great in my view. Fixed screen, large viewfinder, nice shutter button action, compact size.
06-17-2021, 05:47 AM - 2 Likes   #49

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't own a smartphone

06-17-2021, 02:31 PM - 1 Like   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rob-48 Quote
Don't own a smartphone
Then it’s notepad, paper maps or GPS device and Refconverter for you.

There are good reasons for photographers to own a smartphone, though, particularly if you do any bushwalking. The Photographer’s Ephemeris is probably worth it by itself, but that’s a judgment for the individual.
06-18-2021, 03:43 AM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have done the survey.
06-28-2021, 03:02 AM - 1 Like   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I completed the survey.
The price is a little bit to high, but you pay for what you get. The camera is just brilliant and from my amateur point of view I see big improvements even against K-3 II.
The lack of flipped screen is not a problem anymore because of the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth communication + a smartphone/tablet. A flipped screen will make the camera bulkier and heavier.

07-03-2021, 03:42 PM   #53
Pentaxian

Answered
07-05-2021, 06:05 AM - 2 Likes   #54

QuoteOriginally posted by duowang Quote
I am really interested in this camera, buy don't you think the price is a bit high?
In this day of $1,000 iPhones and the rapidly escalating inflation brought on by government printing more money it’s what it is.