Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2021, 10:01 AM - 4 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax K3III user survey

Valeru64 brought it to light on DPR.

Pentax K3 III user survey

It is not meant only for K3III owners (of course some questions are only relevant for K3III owners). There are some general, non K3III specific, questions also.

Suggest we all answer it.

06-15-2021, 10:25 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I participated!
06-15-2021, 10:59 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ben-pentax Quote
Valeru64 brought it to light on DPR.

Pentax K3 III user survey

It is not meant only for K3III owners (of course some questions are only relevant for K3III owners). There are some general, non K3III specific, questions also.

Suggest we all answer it.
There are actually very few “general” questions.
My main contribution is volunteering that it is outside my price range - but, frankly, the price is OK for that caliber camera.
06-15-2021, 11:16 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Who is "Stephen" and why should I answer his questions and what is " ideas that matter GmbH & Co. KG", the owner of the survey form. (Hint, they are a marketing company in Stuttgart.)

Update: The form's author is Stephen Obermeier, a well-known Pentax photographer in Germany with ties to Ricoh Imaging, EU (Thank you, @Kobie for filling in the blanks).

Wolfgang Baus (Ricoh Imaging product manager) is quite capable of setting up his own surveys.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 06-15-2021 at 12:10 PM.
06-15-2021, 11:26 AM - 1 Like   #5
Forum Member

Yes, there are few general questions, my contribution has been more of a complaint, because I will not be able to have new lenses from third brands, that is why I will not buy K3-III, (if you want a long telephoto lens, or buy the pentax 150- 450 or discontinued third-party lenses) and the lack of a flip-up screen, like the one on the K-1.
06-15-2021, 11:59 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Who is "Stephen" and why should I answer his questions and what is " ideas that matter GmbH & Co. KG", the owner of the survey form. (Hint, they are a marketing company in Stuttgart.)

Wolfgang Baus (Ricoh Imaging product manager) is quite capable of setting up his own surveys.

Steve
Stephen Obermeier is one of the key people who brings the Pentaxians Year book to fruition. He has a long standing relationship with Pentax Europe and has done a lot for Pentaxians. So he's not some nobody. Ricoh Europe works with him pretty often.
Maybe you've seen this by him?
06-15-2021, 12:05 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gopersuel Quote
Yes, there are few general questions, my contribution has been more of a complaint, because I will not be able to have new lenses from third brands, that is why I will not buy K3-III, (if you want a long telephoto lens, or buy the pentax 150- 450 or discontinued third-party lenses) and the lack of a flip-up screen, like the one on the K-1.
Pentax has no control over whether or not Sigma and Tamron make K mount lenses.

As a K-3 iii owner, I am glad they opted for the additional eye relief instead of the flippy screen. I am quite content using the Image Sync app for shots in odd positions.

06-15-2021, 12:06 PM - 1 Like   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
Stephen Obermeier is one of the key people who brings the Pentaxians Year book to fruition. He has a long standing relationship with Pentax Europe and has done a lot for Pentaxians. So he's not some nobody. Ricoh Europe works with him pretty often.
Maybe you've seen this by him?
https://youtu.be/YxuozUKZ4IQ
Thanks for filling in the details. I am familiar with Stephen Obermeier and yes, he is legitimate.

Steve
06-15-2021, 12:30 PM   #9

I am really interested in this camera, buy don't you think the price is a bit high?
06-15-2021, 12:35 PM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by duowang Quote
I am really interested in this camera, buy don't you think the price is a bit high?
Based on what metric? The R&D that went into this means that any comparison to prior Pentax cameras is invalid. If we want a flagship camera, we’re going to have to pay flagship prices. Given the initial sales, it’s pretty clear that the market is willing to pay the list price.
06-15-2021, 01:23 PM   #11
Pentaxian

I think I'll give it a try (I didn't buy the camera, but at least I held it in my hands and played around a bit)
06-15-2021, 01:23 PM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

No...
06-15-2021, 01:51 PM - 3 Likes   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It may seem that way until you start using it. At that point, the price makes sense.
06-15-2021, 02:54 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Done.
06-15-2021, 03:07 PM   #15
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

obviously not, I got the Silver Premium kit

but each person must make their own decision