Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2021, 10:29 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I have one of these (or similar) - but at a far lower price :

SEAGULL 1x-2x right angle view finder for Canon Nikon Fuji Pentax Samsung | eBay

06-18-2021, 10:41 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jersey Quote
No, trigger works normaly, half press for AF too, but every other control is redirected to app. Only the mode wheel works, but setting from it can also be overwritten by app if you want. It is like expanded P mode really.

So you do not need to use phone for releasing shutter just to set up parameters. Triangle can be set via app, also WB is there too. There is even green button

Focus peaking does not work, or I do not know how to enable it.
Thank you for your feedback. Looks like it could be a practical solution indeed then.

Shame about focus parking though. It's probably my failing eye sight, but I find it very practical for macro in the field. Perhaps reading glasses and a larger screen is what I really need though...
06-20-2021, 06:22 AM   #18

Speaking of waist level finders one could rig up a small mirror box similar to a rear-LCD hood. It could use a bracket on the tripod mount. The image would be reversed and upside down but shouldn't be a problem for people used to shooting with TLR cameras or other waist level viewfinders (LX).

Maybe Ricoh could be convinced to add a setting to flip the LCD image.