Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 19 Likes Search this Thread
06-18-2021, 03:38 AM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

I can see that this problem is going to be the cause of angst for many... if not all... dedicated Pentaxians. I shall be the first to dub it "AFU" syndrome... or "Auto Focus Utopia" Syndrome characterized by feelings of Joy and Wonderment from finally having the autofocus capabilities of our dreams, coupled simultaneously with feelings of Guilt and Sadness as our former beloved camera bodies sit dusty and barely used on the shelf. If only I could be so psychologically challenged..!

06-18-2021, 06:23 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
Keep holding down the button, then Hold it down again. I have modified mine by placing a brick ontop of the stutter button, to make sure it is always pressed.
Hmmmmmmmmm........wonder if I just super glue the button down, a brick might hurt if it fell on my foot????
06-18-2021, 06:31 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
what to do

what to do

I went and bought my K 3 III Silver Premium

but I now know that my other cameras still work even the K 10D

what ever should I do
You should go to them right now and apologize profusely then tell them that you aren't abandoning them that its just a temporary "thing" with the Mk III. Maybe they will understand and forgive you. That is the gentlemanly thing to do.
06-18-2021, 06:43 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
Wrong approach my friend
Save the high-speed drive for unpredictable action, like aerobatics or randomly moving wildlife (or children)!
Enjoy
Must confess I read Wildlife as WIfe - and with my ex- if rapid or random movement was detected, it was time to disappear, not use the camera ! Her aim was lousy, so she adopted the 'spray and curse' approach with whatever came to hand. Have you ever tried to catch a Hamster cage, complete with confused high-speed Hamster within ? Not easy, I can tell you.

06-18-2021, 06:56 AM - 3 Likes   #20
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OMG! Pentax is doomed.

DOOMED, I tell ya!
06-19-2021, 07:27 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
OMG! Pentax is doomed.

DOOMED, I tell ya!
They sure are and no one in their right mind will buy this throwback of a camera!!