Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-19-2021, 11:10 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My Mk III Bicycle rider test

I found a willing participant yesterday for my own Autofocus bicycle rider test. No swerving though at the speeds this guy was going. If anyone cares to view them I posted all 21 of the series from start to finish on my Flickr site Larry Mc | Flickr The shots are consecutively numbered from beginning to finish and the Flickr page will show my settings. I shot with the 55-300 PLM, Its hard to find any fault with the series they are SOOC JPEGs with no sharpening or any manipulation of the files with only my Copyright Signature added by DXO PhotoLab. Check them out and let me know what you think.

06-19-2021, 01:25 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Thanks. The camera appears to do well.
It would've been better to open up the aperture, IMO, and to lower the shutter speed - effectively resulting in a lower ISO.
06-19-2021, 03:45 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Thanks. The camera appears to do well.
It would've been better to open up the aperture, IMO, and to lower the shutter speed - effectively resulting in a lower ISO.
You're probably right but this was an impromptu event. these aren't keepers. I just wanted to show what the Mk III can do and it certainly can track well. If I want a few keepers, I'll use DXO PhotoLab 4.3 to clean up the noise and do a bit of other post work.
06-20-2021, 09:51 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
You're probably right but this was an impromptu event. these aren't keepers. I just wanted to show what the Mk III can do and it certainly can track well. If I want a few keepers, I'll use DXO PhotoLab 4.3 to clean up the noise and do a bit of other post work.
I didn't mean it as a criticism. It's just that the edges/detail appears a bit smoothed by noise&NR.
But of course, you know if the shooting conditions allowed for a lower ISO.