Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2021, 06:48 AM   #16
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I think I read necessary parts around the edge of the smartphone screens are folded back into the body these days to allow them to have very small bezels. This might be a problem in cameras if that internal space is needed for something else.

06-21-2021, 08:34 AM   #17
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And in cameras with a flippy or moveable screen, the black border area may be hidden by the moveable lcd housing.
06-26-2021, 04:10 PM   #18
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Spock Quote
I'm surprised I didn't notice it at first - but when I did, I thought I had accidentally activated crop mode. What is with the wasted space around the borders of the rear LCD? My old K3 uses up almost all the space taken up by the monitor on the back of the camera.
Consider put the question here if you haven't done it yet.
06-26-2021, 06:12 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoscape Quote
Consider put the question here if you haven't done it yet.
That seems silly because (a) it’s been explained above and (b) the questions for the interview have long been sent to Pentax.

06-26-2021, 09:36 PM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
That seems silly because (a) it’s been explained above and (b) the questions for the interview have long been sent to Pentax.
I see, Bad recommendation then. sorry. I though it's still open!
06-27-2021, 09:16 AM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Spock Quote
I'm surprised I didn't notice it at first - but when I did, I thought I had accidentally activated crop mode. What is with the wasted space around the borders of the rear LCD? My old K3 uses up almost all the space taken up by the monitor on the back of the camera.

Apologies if this has been pointed out before.
Spock as Kunzite noted the K-3III LCD is similar to the GRIII. When the GRIII was announced it was hard to tell at first the size of the active LCD since the overall size is much larger. My impression with the GRIII the size of the overall LCD is the size we will see in some future more energy efficient OLED screen that will not deplete the battery as fast as an LCD screen of that size will.

OLED will bring a lot of benefits especially for fixed screens since OLED is easier to view at an angle. Like your phone the screen can go to the edge without a border. If the rear OLED screen has a rounded edge would eliminate the need for a DSLR top plate LCD as the data could be more easily displayed along the edge of the OLED than having to look at the top plate LCD.