Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
07-22-2021, 02:29 PM   #16
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
On Mac computers, you can use Android File Transfer to copy photos from, or delete photos on, K-3III via USB connection. This could be convenient when you don't have a card reader and you don't want to use photo-specific software like Lightroom and Photos and whatnot just to copy files to your Mac.

BTW this means that K-3III is Android-based.

Attached Images

07-24-2021, 03:25 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
On Mac computers, you can use Android File Transfer to copy photos from, or delete photos on, K-3III via USB connection. This could be convenient when you don't have a card reader and you don't want to use photo-specific software like Lightroom and Photos and whatnot just to copy files to your Mac.

BTW this means that K-3III is Android-based.
Good grief – I hope you’re wrong there. I’d rather not have arguably insecure code in a camera with WiFi connectivity.

On the other hand, it could just be a piece of code that conforms to the same file transfer protocol.
07-25-2021, 02:35 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Good grief – I hope you’re wrong there. I’d rather not have arguably insecure code in a camera with WiFi connectivity.
The alternative is much less reassuring IMHO. If it's a newly developed OS, I can only wonder how much a camera company would have tested it for security leaks. I would expect much worse vulnerabilities than in a tested and proven OS that has been around for a long time.
On the optimist side of things, regardless of which OS is in there, I don't expect any malicious hacker to be tempted in gaining access to world domination through a Pentax camera. They will probably not even know about Pentax at all...
07-25-2021, 03:55 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
The alternative is much less reassuring IMHO. If it's a newly developed OS, I can only wonder how much a camera company would have tested it for security leaks. I would expect much worse vulnerabilities than in a tested and proven OS that has been around for a long time.
On the optimist side of things, regardless of which OS is in there, I don't expect any malicious hacker to be tempted in gaining access to world domination through a Pentax camera. They will probably not even know about Pentax at all...
The old security by obscurity still works to some extent.

07-25-2021, 09:29 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
The old security by obscurity still works to some extent.
It does.
07-25-2021, 12:37 PM - 4 Likes   #21
Pentaxian

The K3iii is using a Linux-based OS. Android is Linux-based, but this clearly isn't the full Android. It doesn't take half an hour to start...

Last edited by Kunzite; 07-25-2021 at 12:43 PM.
07-25-2021, 02:52 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The K3iii is using a Linux-based OS. Android is Linux-based, but this clearly isn't the full Android. It doesn't take half an hour to start...

07-30-2021, 04:43 AM - 2 Likes   #23

Focus point in review - AUTO mode

Hi,

for all of you that uses the AF button to focus (shutter button disabled) you can miss it, in reviewing the image, if you do not keep pressed the AF button when shooting.
Instead, if you keep pressed the AF button and you take your image, you will se the focus point the camera has used to focus in the display as a red dot.

hope could interest

Danilo

PS This come from Craig aka c.a.m.
07-30-2021, 02:58 PM - 1 Like   #24
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mctaveck Quote
Hi,

for all of you that uses the AF button to focus (shutter button disabled) you can miss it, in reviewing the image, if you do not keep pressed the AF button when shooting.
Instead, if you keep pressed the AF button and you take your image, you will se the focus point the camera has used to focus in the display as a red dot.

hope could interest

Danilo

PS This come from Craig aka c.a.m.
Actually a nice mention. I never keep the AF button depressed but will absolutely be trying to remember to do so. Helpful for understanding when focus doesn't end up where I intended.
07-30-2021, 03:52 PM - 2 Likes   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mctaveck Quote
Hi,

hope could interest
Danilo
This is also true when using the shutter button to focus … when using AF-C it's possible to release the shutter before the focus locks … when the image is reviewed there's no little red square if the focus wasn't locked when the shutter fired. I only found this on my K-3iii in the last few days, but hadn't got around to checking my other bodies if the feature was available there (still haven't!)
07-30-2021, 07:51 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
This is also true when using the shutter button to focus … when using AF-C it's possible to release the shutter before the focus locks … when the image is reviewed there's no little red square if the focus wasn't locked when the shutter fired. I only found this on my K-3iii in the last few days, but hadn't got around to checking my other bodies if the feature was available there (still haven't!)
My K-3 Mk I exhibited the same behavior if you removed your thumb from the AF button prior to releasing the shutter. I'm not sure if using the shutter button to focus resulted in the same behavior as using the shutter button and releasing the shutter is a continuous action. I used to use the Maker notes EXIF info to check for AF point in focus and discovered that you had to hold the AF button until the shutter was released.
07-31-2021, 12:44 AM   #27
Unregistered User

If not using AF, i.e not pressing the AF button when using BBF, the camera guesses that you are using manual focus and therefor is unable to tell which focus point it used to focus since it did not focus. After pressing AF you may or may not change focus manually and the camera can not know if you have done so. Therefor it does not display used focus point unless you are pressing the button when pushing the trigger.
09-09-2021, 08:48 AM - 1 Like   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
I discovered that right after taking a shot when the image is first displayed on the screen, if you delete the image while it's initially being displayed, it will delete it from both cards simultaneously instead of you having to delete the image one card at a time.
The K-3 and K-1 also do this.
09-16-2021, 01:03 PM   #29
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I'll have to test that one!
And I found a setting that lets me change the default 10 images up to 20 images!
09-17-2021, 01:01 AM   #30

Great! I think someone Will also be interested in knowing how you're doing It. Not me, i am asking for a friend...😏😏