Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2021, 02:48 PM - 1 Like   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Spock, I hope you have reported this Seller to eBay as a Seller of counterfeit products, they really go after them, also show ebay the way it was shipped, if it came through Australia Post, it may also be worthwhile reporting that to Aust Post as well, they also can go after these criminals. Maybe also send a link to Ricoh, they will get their legal team onto them as well. Make no mistake, this isn't just a $23.00 counterfeit battery, this is dangerous criminal activity.

06-28-2021, 03:59 PM - 1 Like   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
Spock, I hope you have reported this Seller to eBay as a Seller of counterfeit products, they really go after them, also show ebay the way it was shipped, if it came through Australia Post, it may also be worthwhile reporting that to Aust Post as well, they also can go after these criminals. Maybe also send a link to Ricoh, they will get their legal team onto them as well. Make no mistake, this isn't just a $23.00 counterfeit battery, this is dangerous criminal activity.
Agree 100%
06-28-2021, 07:46 PM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
The last time I reported an eBay seller for trying to pass off a counterfeit item, I had what I thought was a nice chat with one of their bots. A little while later I received a message from eBay with words to the effect that that eBay's rules on counterfeit products were clear and that on this occasion I would get off with a warning, but the next time my account would be locked out for 30 days.

So I think I'll leave the policing to others. All I want is my refund. (Nothing yet from the seller btw.)

---------- Post added 06-29-2021 at 10:48 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
I have a number of Pentax D-LI90 , none of them have "P".
All of them have 3 contacts , some are 10+ years old.
All of them are still fine and all of them work with K-3lll.
Recently ( within last 24 months ) I purchased some hähnel batteries HL-PL90 from Pentax.com.au and their eBay shop.
They are as good as Pentax , they are much cheaper than Pentax , they are sold by C.R Kennedy ( Pentax Australia) and have 24 months AU warranty.
Spock , you are in Australia , why not get some from them?
Yes I am in Australia and if hähnel are as German as they sound they could be the go - although having just checked CRKennedy's site, they are out of stock.

Last edited by Spock; 06-28-2021 at 08:41 PM.
06-28-2021, 08:49 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

3 available

HAHNEL DIGITAL STILL BATTERY PENTAX D-LI90 1560 MAH 7.2 V (HL-PL90) 5099113502018 | eBay

This is Australia Pentax eBay shop.
They have specials ( incl eBay deals, recently 20% off ) , wait if you can.
I also get free postage , usually overnight.

---------- Post added 06-29-21 at 12:06 ----------

They have 12 months AU Warranty , sorry!

06-28-2021, 09:32 PM   #50
Pentaxian

Original Poster
HAHNEL DIGITAL STILL BATTERY PENTAX D-LI90 1560 MAH 7.2 V (HL-PL90) 5099113502018 | eBay

This is Australia Pentax eBay shop.
They have specials ( incl eBay deals, recently 20% off ) , wait if you can.
I also get free postage , usually overnight.

---------- Post added 06-29-21 at 12:06 ----------

They have 12 months AU Warranty , sorry!
Thanks for that. I've actually bought from them before and never realised they were Pentax Australia under a different name.
06-28-2021, 09:51 PM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

C.R.Kennedy ( Pentax Australia ) also have this site:
surveysuppliesau on eBay
I purchased D FA 70-210 last week from them for ~50% off

---------- Post added 06-29-21 at 12:53 ----------

all ex demos go there to be sold
06-28-2021, 10:48 PM   #52
Pentaxian

Original Poster
C.R.Kennedy ( Pentax Australia ) also have this site:
surveysuppliesau on eBay
I purchased D FA 70-210 last week from them for ~50% off

---------- Post added 06-29-21 at 12:53 ----------

all ex demos go there to be sold
Nice deal you got!

06-28-2021, 11:11 PM - 1 Like   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
That website is owned by CR Kennedy not Pentax. So the local distributor sold that not Pentax.

---------- Post added 06-28-21 at 02:53 PM ----------

Details from Whois:

Registrant: C.r. Kennedy & Company Proprietary Limited
Registrant ID: OTHER 008458884
Eligibility Type: Other
Eligibility Name: Asahi Pentax Distributors
C.R.Kennedy = Pentax Australia

Shop Our Brands Online in Australia | C.R. Kennedy
they also are the sole Distributors / Agents for many other photographic gear.
like Phase One , Hasselblad , Sigma , Tokina , Zeiss etc
No-one else legally can touch those brands in Australia
06-29-2021, 03:50 AM - 2 Likes   #54
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Update:
The seller refunded me for the faulty counterfeit battery and I bought a genuine battery from Digidirect - an Aussie company with both online and bricks and mortar shops. I also bought my K3-3 from them.
So, a more expensive solution than ideal but at least I will have peace of mind that my camera's warranty will be not be voided in case of a problem.
06-29-2021, 06:33 AM   #55
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

C.R.Kennedy = Pentax Australia

Shop Our Brands Online in Australia | C.R. Kennedy
they also are the sole Distributors / Agents for many other photographic gear.
like Phase One , Hasselblad , Sigma , Tokina , Zeiss etc
No-one else legally can touch those brands in Australia
Calling them Pentax Australia seemed to imply that Ricoh/Pentax was officially recommending a third party battery which isn’t the case. I understand now what you mean.
06-30-2021, 06:07 PM - 1 Like   #56
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Spock Quote
Update:
The seller refunded me for the faulty counterfeit battery and I bought a genuine battery from Digidirect - an Aussie company with both online and bricks and mortar shops. I also bought my K3-3 from them.
So, a more expensive solution than ideal but at least I will have peace of mind that my camera's warranty will be not be voided in case of a problem.
Good call. Peace of mind is underrated/undervalued. The genuine batteries also self discharge very slowly so when you pick up your camera after a long time, the odds will be much better than you can use it right away rather than wait a few hours to charge.
06-30-2021, 07:58 PM   #57
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jslifoaw Quote
Good call. Peace of mind is underrated/undervalued. The genuine batteries also self discharge very slowly so when you pick up your camera after a long time, the odds will be much better than you can use it right away rather than wait a few hours to charge.
The genuine batteries also last a long time. I had 2 batteries dated 2012 and 2013 that I sold with a camera recently and they showed no signs of lost capacity. I'm kicking myself I didn't keep one when I sold the camera but I had this (mistaken) idea that batteries were cheap.