Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
07-10-2021, 12:37 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Some ImageSync questions

when using imagesync I'm only seeing Raw images and not the jpgs. So imagesync is only looking at card1. On the camera, under Memory Card Options there is a Card Slot Sequence option. I change that from 1 to 2 but it doesn't effect what imagesync sees. My questions 1) What does Card Slot Sequence do? and 2) Is there a way for ImageSync to see Card2?

---------- Post added 07-10-21 at 12:46 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by tonyzoc Quote
when using imagesync I'm only seeing Raw images and not the jpgs. So imagesync is only looking at card1. On the camera, under Memory Card Options there is a Card Slot Sequence option. I change that from 1 to 2 but it doesn't effect what imagesync sees. My questions 1) What does Card Slot Sequence do? and 2) Is there a way for ImageSync to see Card2?
Never mind about the ImageSync question. I found there is a little box in the top right, and when you click it, it toggles to Card2.

ImageSync is not very reliable with Bluetooth. Once it disconnects it hard to get reconnected and it ends up switching to wifi. I have to restart the camera and on the phone turn Bluetooth off and on to get it to connect again.

07-10-2021, 02:57 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've only ever used it with Wifi, per the usage instructions. I did not realise bluetooth was even an option.
See Connection Method / Image Sync / APP / DOWNLOAD / SUPPORT | RICOH IMAGING
07-10-2021, 05:19 PM - 1 Like   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I've only ever used it with Wifi, per the usage instructions. I did not realise bluetooth was even an option.
See Connection Method / Image Sync / APP / DOWNLOAD / SUPPORT | RICOH IMAGING
K-3iii

We be so in the dark ages, eh?

Steve
07-10-2021, 06:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tonyzoc Quote
ImageSync is not very reliable with Bluetooth. Once it disconnects it hard to get reconnected and it ends up switching to wifi. I have to restart the camera and on the phone turn Bluetooth off and on to get it to connect again.
I have zero problems with Bluetooth connections between my iPhone 8 and my K-3 iii. I only ever turn on WiFi to use the remote control with live view on my phone. (I haven’t had a good reason to transfer images to my phone in the field yet, which would be faster over WiFi for raw files.)

07-10-2021, 08:47 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
K-3iii

We be so in the dark ages, eh?

Steve
Indeed, yes. I wonder if somehow the app "prefers" wifi to bluetooth?
07-10-2021, 10:06 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Indeed, yes. I wonder if somehow the app "prefers" wifi to bluetooth?
The bluetooth being used is low power and I suspect that means limited distance.

Steve
07-11-2021, 01:00 AM - 2 Likes   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
As I understand it Bluetooth is for maintaining the connection, communicating, and starting up WiFi on demand. Bluetooth is not for the actual transfer itself as its to slow.

Switching to WiFi is expected and intended if it happens when you transfer.

07-11-2021, 05:25 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
As I understand it Bluetooth is for maintaining the connection, communicating, and starting up WiFi on demand. Bluetooth is not for the actual transfer itself as its to slow.

Switching to WiFi is expected and intended if it happens when you transfer.
yes, and that appears to be what's happening. That's fine, as I don't really use ImageSync for transferring much. I did notice that wifi transfer is very fast, like 5-7 secs per image. On the K-70 it was more like 30 secs per image.