Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-20-2021, 10:32 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
k3 interfaces suggestions about user mode name and colors

Hello
I'm new on this website (and french) so do not hesitate to redirect my post in correct forum if I'm in the wrong place.

I would like to know if there are any plan about new K3III firmware :
  1. to display the user mode name on the upper line of the display.If the icons for FLASH, WIFI, BT and GPS are shifted to the upper line right, there would be enough room to display the user mode name
  2. to record for each user mode (or each box) the display interface color. It would be a smart and fast way to catch in what mode we are. (ie green interface for landscape user mode, pink for portrait, yellow for sport, etc).
and eventually, we it si possible to send such suggestions for future firmware update?
Thanks
Michaël C

---------- Post added 2021-07-20 at 10:41 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Michaël C Quote
Hello
I'm new on this website (and french) so do not hesitate to redirect my post in correct forum if I'm in the wrong place.

I would like to know if there are any plan about new K3III firmware :
  1. to display the user mode name on the upper line of the display.If the icons for FLASH, WIFI, BT and GPS are shifted to the upper line right, there would be enough room to display the user mode name
  2. to record for each user mode (or each box) the display interface color. It would be a smart and fast way to catch in what mode we are. (ie green interface for landscape user mode, pink for portrait, yellow for sport, etc).
and eventually, we it si possible to send such suggestions for future firmware update?
Thanks
Michaël C
In last sentence, I meant "were it is possible to send such suggestions ..."
thanks

07-20-2021, 12:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

This is not an official Pentax support avenue, and no one knows for sure if anyone at Pentax/Ricoh Imaging reads much here. Several of us have already filed support requests for something along the lines of what you are proposing, but the color aspect is a nice idea that I hadn't heard before. Go to your country's Ricoh Imaging page France Website Store, choose Support, and then there is an option to contact. Don't necessarily expect a reply, but the more people who write in and request something like this, the greater likelihood we will see it in a future firmware.
07-20-2021, 12:16 PM - 1 Like   #3

Original Poster
Thanks mtkeller for you fast and clear reply!
I'll do what you suggest.
feel free to re-use the "interface color per user mode" feature in yours submissions on yours sides.
best regards
Michaël.