Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2021, 09:16 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Occasional delay coming out of standby

After singing in the cameraís praises, I have my first issue. Occasionally when I wake the camera up from standby mode, the memory card light will light up and the camera will be inoperable for about 7 seconds. Iíve missed some action shots because of this. Iím at high ISO (6400 or 10000) continuous AF, and high speed burst mode when this happens, but I think it might have to do with recording JPG's to both memory cards. This didnít happen when I recorded to only one. 2nd card is slower (95MB/s). Anyone had this happen to them, or any ideas how to fix it?

07-22-2021, 09:36 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I've not (yet) experienced this problem, but I only use one card (skinflint!)
Initially I'd try interchanging the cards.
I believe there are some specification differences between the two slots, though one really needs a modicum of repeatability to be able to define the cause of the problem.
Alternatively, two cards of the same specification may help isolate the issue, but again, one would need to be able to repeat the issue reasonably reliably to be sure it had been isolated.
Good luck
07-22-2021, 09:38 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
That sounds like a problem with the card(s). Reformatting the cards in the camera (after making absolutely sure you have backups of the data) might help. Or, trying a different card might tell you which card is causing the delay.

Good luck!
07-22-2021, 09:41 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You could also try it with only one card in and see if the problem occurs. Might help to determine if it is a card.

07-22-2021, 09:45 AM   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
if one has a UHS II card in slot 1, it is the fastest way to use the camera

[ remember that unlike the K 3 and K 3 II, or the K 1 and K 1 II, the K 3 III's slot 1 is the one closest to the back of the camera ]

if one puts a UHS II card in slot 2, however, the camera treats it like a UHS I card

see pg 42 of the manual

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k-3-3.pdf