Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 139 Likes Search this Thread
08-03-2021, 07:59 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DonV Quote
That will work, but I said "real world", which means an actual photograph of a subject under real conditions, not in a "lab".
ISO-5000 real world shot pushed way beyond reasonably. The air quality was terrible due to lingering smoke from Northern Ontario Wildfires (which is why the moon is so orange).

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 Mark III  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 Mark III  Photo 
08-03-2021, 09:53 PM - 3 Likes   #47

Used sample images from DPReview featuring a fair amount of shadow areas, ISO 200, 320, 32000, negative exposure comp.

Default "Adobe Color" profile, white balance "As Shot", exposure +2, highlights and white/black point adjustments to retain highlights and maintain realistic shadows. No colour shifting. Even cranking exposure +5 shows no colour shifting in shadows or anywhere else.

Video issues (overheating, underexposure, colour shifting) seem like things easy enough to be widely reported. But I've seen nothing on these issues. Unless he's got some messed up settings for the picture profile he's using, I don't know how he's getting underexposure and colour shift issues in video and stills.

55 shot buffer seems perfectly usable enough to me, even for sports/wildlife. Could it be bigger? Sure, but whatever.

Menu system… from horizontal to vertical. Wow. So different. I don't have the K-3iii, KP, or K-1, but from what I see photo settings are under the photo tabs, video settings under video tab, general settings under general tab, advanced customization under custom tabs. Same logical layout as K-3 mark 1. Seems like a non-issue.

Wish he'd provide RAW files. As someone else said, flawed testing. Far from scientific. No effort to figuring out cause of issues, human error, camera error, lens error, editing software error, etc.
Attached Images

Last edited by cgchang; 08-03-2021 at 10:22 PM.
08-03-2021, 11:53 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
I still can't believe he blocked me on Instagram then claims that he doesn't know who I am lol.

The fishiness I experienced in the comment sections of Li's videos involved more than one situation where I had made well-reasoned critical comments and was met with seemingly random hostility, and when he didn't seem to get much further, certain details gave me the suspicion that he may have resorted to fake accounts to feign other users who seemed to support his views and flamed against me. I can deal with some measure of well-meaning ignorance, but that brought it to a level of childish egotism that suggests personality issues to me. As far as I'm concerned, he has let his channel become a confirmation shopping center for whatever weirdo views he imagines his followers might want to hear. I think he's manipulative and has discovered that he can grow his channel by spreading FUD about Pentax, the pee-on photo brand for certain quarters of button sniffers out there. End of rant, but I had to get this off my chest.

BTW, the screenshots and image samples offered by several posters in this thread - some of them actual users of the K-3 III - don't suggest an inferior camera to me. Surprise, surprise.

(Let me be clear: If the K-3 III, like many products that are brought to market, should turn out to have issues, it's perfectly legit to discuss them, and I would expect them to be fixed.)

Last edited by Madaboutpix; 08-04-2021 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Nuance.
08-04-2021, 12:22 AM - 4 Likes   #49

I still can't believe he blocked me on Instagram then claims that he doesn't know who I am lol.
Hi Kobie, I remember the day very well you and I got deleted from his Youtube channel for our comments on free choice of gear. My opinion was that I don't need a Formula 1 car if I needed a tractor for the job, (in my case my very capable and thrusted K1) do you remember his reaction?

The problem with Li is, I discovered that a few days later in an earlier vodeo from him, that he became very dissapointed at a certain moment in time when he discovered that he hardly got any revenu from his affiliate links for his Pentax reviews.
After that he announced that he would quit making reviews about Pentax gear, ... but he didn't and worse, he did post a lot of very negative biased "reviews" with at times ridiculous arguments. It's very sad that certain reviewers only praise a brand if they think they will get enough money from their reviews.

Before that he was praising Pentax in almost every possible way, so I think that people should be aware of this if they watch his videos.

I hope everything is good with you all.
Greetings from Belgium
Sven

08-04-2021, 12:38 AM - 1 Like   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
That guy doesn't make videos in which Pentax doesn't "disappoints".

I'd rather not watch it and I didn't so far - I guess it would be useless to explain his fans what's wrong with it anyway - but there's a comment about that guy spreading his fingers so he'd make the Pentax grip "insufficient".
CameraVille is a liar and a fraud.
Really? That is petty... I didn't watch the video. ASA I saw D500 in there.... although I like the Canon, tbh....
08-04-2021, 12:43 AM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Svenneke Quote
Hi Kobie, I remember the day very well you and I got deleted from his Youtube channel for our comments on free choice of gear. My opinion was that I don't need a Formula 1 car if I needed a tractor for the job, (in my case my very capable and thrusted K1) do you remember his reaction?

The problem with Li is, I discovered that a few days later in an earlier vodeo from him, that he became very dissapointed at a certain moment in time when he discovered that he hardly got any revenu from his affiliate links for his Pentax reviews.
After that he announced that he would quit making reviews about Pentax gear, ... but he didn't and worse, he did post a lot of very negative biased "reviews" with at times ridiculous arguments. It's very sad that certain reviewers only praise a brand if they think they will get enough money from their reviews.

Before that he was praising Pentax in almost every possible way, so I think that people should be aware of this if they watch his videos.

I hope everything is good with you all.
Greetings from Belgium
Sven
I remember it very well! Since I'm keen on transparency, I still have my video up when I called him out on it and et my subscribers know about what was going on and to be careful about his agenda since both of our channels had/have overlapping subscribers.

---------- Post added 08-04-21 at 03:47 AM ----------

That guy doesn't make videos in which Pentax doesn't "disappoints".

I'd rather not watch it and I didn't so far - I guess it would be useless to explain his fans what's wrong with it anyway - but there's a comment about that guy spreading his fingers so he'd make the Pentax grip "insufficient".
CameraVille is a liar and a fraud.
I was the one who noticed it. I played it back camera by camera because I was in disbelief of what I was seeing. But nope, I saw right the first time.
08-04-2021, 01:05 AM - 5 Likes   #52
Pentaxian

Seems this place is due for a review from a non-professional, non-affiliated regular Joe.

I came back to trawl forums after a few years of life getting in the way of photography once K3III was close to release. I'm a hobbyist, not too ambitious or skilled one, and K5II was more than enough for me except for two things - frustration of not being able to capture the moment of kids/pets playing and being too bulky to always have around.

So K3III comes out and I have to make the call where that chunk of money goes - GRIII? A Fuji body? A7III?

Well I just went and sunk the money into K3III.
I like G3III idea but not that particular focal length. Maybe GRIV at some point.
Fuji, for all the hype, doesn't really tick my boxes. Can't push myself to like something I don't.
Now, Sony, that might happen at some point, though I'm not sure it'll be any time soon.

I guess my point is, all I needed from forums/reviews is that autofocus is up to standard for my needs. I know what Pentax does good and what not, and it's still the brand I like the most, regardless of video, card speed, mirror, weight, lack of flippy screen and whatever else.

Well, it is.
I enjoy taking photos of my kids running and jumping around with bulk being in focus without overthinking the technique and moment. My lenses focus fast without hunting. I stopped using back button and just click away.
High ISO is much better than what I had.
Camera is fast. ImageSync is nice to have.
Uses same batteries and lenses.
I even shelled out for 16-85 to get that quiet, weather sealed standard zoom.
Finally, I enjoy using it. Everything is where it should be, how it should be.

Back to the topic.
I had no issues with locking up, overheating, purple fringing, connection to ImageSync.
Haven't used tripod yet so no idea about shutter shock thing.

TLDR works perfectly for me, would buy again.

08-04-2021, 06:48 AM - 1 Like   #53
Pentaxian

I don't think I've ever seen one of his videos through as he's simply so irritating (and from memory, ignorant) that I can't stand his videos. As such, I don't care what he has to say about any camera, Pentax or otherwise.
08-04-2021, 07:28 AM - 2 Likes   #54
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nixxo2002 Quote
i think it was a honest review . i don't see better image quality over KP . the only difference it AF , drive mode much faster compare to KP .
but it's overheated very fast . today was around 85 , i was outside camera in shade and was doing macro , as soon i switch to live view it's start overheated . don't kill the messenger ................))))))))))))))
The messenger should probably do something about getting his camera replaced before he can't, rather than spending time on internet forums complaining about his camera.

---------- Post added Aug 4th, 2021 at 08:31 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Lloyd_Christmas Quote
What do you think of this?
The guy who does Cameraville is an egotistical idiot.
08-04-2021, 08:09 AM - 1 Like   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
The guy who does Cameraville is an egotistical idiot.
Egotistical idiots are people, too, and there's no need to insult them like that!
08-04-2021, 08:12 AM - 1 Like   #56
Pentaxian

I was the one who noticed it. I played it back camera by camera because I was in disbelief of what I was seeing. But nope, I saw right the first time.
Right, apologies for not giving due credit.
Anyway, people who decide how a camera fits their hands after random Youtube videos deserve their fate
08-04-2021, 08:15 AM - 1 Like   #57
Loyal Site Supporter

Egotistical idiots are people, too, and there's no need to insult them like that!
Ah yes, in these modern times the truth is an insult.
08-04-2021, 08:24 AM   #58
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Ah yes, in these modern times the truth is an insult.
That's not what I meant
Let's say it was more unfavorable towards that guy. Although, half jokingly.

Anyway, where I draw a sharp line is honesty. Especially when one is trying to harm others by being dishonest.
And this is precisely how that guy is making money on Youtube.

Trying to look like a fanboy wasn't much better, though. That wasn't honest either.
08-04-2021, 08:38 AM - 1 Like   #59
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The gist I'm getting is this guy has moved on from Pentax centered videos.
Perhaps to validate his decision he's casting a bad (purple) light on the brand?
Sorry...couldn't resist the pun!

Seriously, thanks for all the replies and posts on this thread. Now I'm not feeling like throwing my Katie in the garbage can! LOL
08-04-2021, 08:42 AM - 2 Likes   #60
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lloyd_Christmas Quote
The gist I'm getting is this guy has moved on from Pentax centered videos.
Perhaps to validate his decision he's casting a bad (purple) light on the brand?
Sorry...couldn't resist the pun!

Seriously, thanks for all the replies and posts on this thread. Now I'm not feeling like throwing my Katie in the garbage can! LOL
He actually admitted doing it for the money, and failing to make the money.
He's now bashing Pentax, and that appears to be more effective at making him money.

You should throw away your camera - in my garbage can preferably, it's marked LowePro