Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 139 Likes Search this Thread
08-04-2021, 08:47 AM - 3 Likes   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
He actually admitted doing it for the money, and failed to make the money.
He's now bashing Pentax, and that appears to be more effective at making him money.
Exactly. Here's the story of a man (for context) I'll call shady....

There's a number of non camera elements going on. They've been going on for a while now actually. He probably deleted the videos but he became very jaded against Pentax because his Pentax viewers weren't buying his Merch, weren't using his affiliate links etc. But The Fuji viewers did so he made money off them. He even made a video explaining it all and at that time he had clearly stated that he was now "done with Pentax". Then he went ahead and made more Pentax videos, however, the tone of the Pentax videos had completely changed. Everything now was just "not good, it has all these faults and whatever other issues he could dream up to pitch to his new found agenda. He went so far as to start deleting his own subscribers comments all the while stating in the next few videos that he's "completely unbiased, even puts up with comments that attack him". During that time, he stated in a video that he "sold all his Pentax gear to fund his Fuji equipment", then retracted that by saying that he actually didn't do that as he still had his KP and some lenses. Then, once again, stated that he was "no longer doing Pentax, it was time to move on and focus on Fuji". Which is perfectly fine for what he eluded to for his channels direction.

Then the announcement of the K-3 Mark III came out with the teaser videos from Ricoh.

That's when it all came out. He made a video complaining about the quality of the video footage and said something along the lines of "If that's the video quality of the new camera, "it's a joke, it's terrible, I don't know what's going on here guys, but that was just terrible".

I commented on that video stating that he should realize that if that is in fact the footage from the camera, it's a pre-production model. Well, that set him completely off.
Out he came with the comments putting words in my mouth stating that I actually said "This is footage from the new camera" He then went on saying things like Pentaxforums is sponsored by Pentax and it's a biased site run by a bunch of fanboys, and then he threw some insults at me here and there. Anyways, now that you know what's been happening pseudo behind the scenes, it should give some perspective regarding the content that's being produced. I made a video calling him out on this whole thing, at which point he blocked me from his Instagram (I can't even search for him) but then claims that he doesn't know who I am (hmmm, are ya sure there bud?). So, there ya have it. Whatever the direction is, it's been pretty heavily weighted against Pentax since before D FA 70-210 came out.

P.S According to him, most of his Pentax content is now being done on Instagram now.

08-04-2021, 09:13 AM - 2 Likes   #62
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
Exactly. Here's the story of a man (for context) I'll call shady....

There's a number of non camera elements going on. They've been going on for a while now actually. He probably deleted the videos but he became very jaded against Pentax because his Pentax viewers weren't buying his Merch, weren't using his affiliate links etc. But The Fuji viewers did so he made money off them. He even made a video explaining it all and at that time he had clearly stated that he was now "done with Pentax". Then he went ahead and made more Pentax videos, however, the tone of the Pentax videos had completely changed. Everything now was just "not good, it has all these faults and whatever other issues he could dream up to pitch to his new found agenda. He went so far as to start deleting his own subscribers comments all the while stating in the next few videos that he's "completely unbiased, even puts up with comments that attack him". During that time, he stated in a video that he "sold all his Pentax gear to fund his Fuji equipment", then retracted that by saying that he actually didn't do that as he still had his KP and some lenses. Then, once again, stated that he was "no longer doing Pentax, it was time to move on and focus on Fuji". Which is perfectly fine for what he eluded to for his channels direction.

Then the announcement of the K-3 Mark III came out with the teaser videos from Ricoh.

That's when it all came out. He made a video complaining about the quality of the video footage and said something along the lines of "If that's the video quality of the new camera, "it's a joke, it's terrible, I don't know what's going on here guys, but that was just terrible".

I commented on that video stating that he should realize that if that is in fact the footage from the camera, it's a pre-production model. Well, that set him completely off.
Out he came with the comments putting words in my mouth stating that I actually said "This is footage from the new camera" He then went on saying things like Pentaxforums is sponsored by Pentax and it's a biased site run by a bunch of fanboys, and then he threw some insults at me here and there. Anyways, now that you know what's been happening pseudo behind the scenes, it should give some perspective regarding the content that's being produced. I made a video calling him out on this whole thing, at which point he blocked me from his Instagram (I can't even search for him) but then claims that he doesn't know who I am (hmmm, are ya sure there bud?). So, there ya have it. Whatever the direction is, it's been pretty heavily weighted against Pentax since before D FA 70-210 came out.

P.S According to him, most of his Pentax content is now being done on Instagram now.
I take back my earlier comment about Cameraville. It wasn't accurate.
Dishonest, lying scumbag would be a more accurate description.
08-20-2021, 04:22 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wow, very interesting thread.

It seems like there is no repro of purple here? but there are quite a few repro comments in the YouTube comments I can't believe there are so many k3iii buyers active in his comments. There are definitely many Pentax users, but that many k3iii? naah. This guy is really sour Pentax did not recognize him if he posts those confirmation comments himself

I liked Li's videos till this one. Yes he went from a Pentax advocate to a critic, but it was ok critic. Middle-finger grip and high price point for what we get all deserves fair amount of criticism. But simply exaggerating shortcomings and possibly staging bad performance - that is wrong (

Can't wait till TG sales to verify personally.
08-23-2021, 05:57 AM - 1 Like   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
I think that I refuse to watch anything that goofball posts to YouTube.
I watched about 3 seconds of the video before remembering who he is. He was so rude to me in a comment on another video. No thanks!

08-23-2021, 06:21 AM - 1 Like   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ok, let me pour some gasoline on this fire

I am printing almost all photos I deem worth to keep. Have large stacks of them. I recently compared two photos of same rose, even taken in same (more or less) growing stage. First one was made year ago with K-50 and 35mm f2.4, second one with K-3 Mk III and Sigma 17-50. And frankly - I see no difference in quality. Of course images are not identical, but quality after printing (same Fuji paper, same lab, 13x18 cm) is the same.

I think that unless one starts stalking pixels there will be no big difference in most images, it will show up only when you are doing work requiring showing a LOT of really fine details when higher pixel number counts or in low light and with more modern bodies like KP the difference will not be as noticeable or noticeable on higher ISO.

Unless you do strictly mathematical comparison, but then is Pentax not about numbers but joy of photography?

As for video, I refuse to add to his statistics, he is jerk who bash Pentax only to get clicks after he changed the cow he think he can milk.
08-23-2021, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #66
Pentaxian

Frankly I don't think it matters on 13x18 what you used. My cousins print phone photos all the time and they look very good.
08-23-2021, 09:10 AM - 1 Like   #67
Veteran Member

Three (yes, 3) megapixels is fine for 13cm x 18cm at 300dpi. We have sort of maxed out the resolution for APS-C before you start getting into issues because of pixel density. The selling point of the K-3 iii is not its 26-ish megapixels, but its OVF, it's dramatically improved AF, and its improvements in high ISO performance. I now willingly let my camera choose ISO as high as 51,200 without batting an eye (although when I see it going over 12,800, I will inspect on camera before deciding I'm OK with that). Even when we get noise, it's much less likely to impart a magenta cast than with earlier models, no matter what this guy says in his video. (Go back in the thread and look at the black image that I lift five stops in post to get something passable with no color noise at all.)

08-23-2021, 01:24 PM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And how many people print larger or see/show images on screen bigger then phone or laptop? I am not saying that K-3/3 is bad. I have it, I like it. I just wanted to say that for common use everything will be good and that more modern cameras will show superiority in extreme situations. So jumping when someone says that he sees no difference between KP and K-3/3 is kinda silly :P Because for most uses there will be no difference in IQ.
08-23-2021, 03:08 PM   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unsubscribing, this thread is getting my blood pressure up. Which is what that guy wants! Dissent and silliness.
08-23-2021, 04:05 PM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's the origins of the story.
08-23-2021, 04:05 PM - 2 Likes   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't get the big deal about the fps thing, does any one actually shoot like that ?
08-23-2021, 04:40 PM   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DeepThrob Quote
I don't get the big deal about the fps thing, does any one actually shoot like that ?
In very specific circumstances I will.
For example, a Tern or Osprey diving to the water to catch fish and I want that split second moment just before they break the water and just after they exit the water. You'll have to burst high to make it easier to get that exact shot.
08-23-2021, 06:38 PM   #73
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
Here's one more pair. (I seriously have my Lightroom filters right now set to the K-3 Mark III and ISO 400 just for all y'all.) Again, exposure +5, Shadows +100.

Thank you for showing the test images.
If you don't mind, could you share the DNG file?
I have always been wondering about the accelerator used in later Pentax cameras, so I want to compare it to the K3 I have.
Your sample looks the closest to what I usually have to deal with. Well, not the whole picture looks dark like that but usually 80-90% of the photo looks just like that, and I have to bring up the details in post-process myself. Therefore, the dynamic range is very important to me and I really just want an untouched raw file from the camera. That's why I am hesitated to move on beyond K3 or K3II.
If you could supply the DNG file, the one in a Japanese garden. it will be highly appreciated if not, it's ok, No hard feeding.
Thanks in advance
08-23-2021, 07:07 PM   #74
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Well I must say I have learned a lot about CameraVille.
The video I posted for this thread had me concerned at first about the mk III itself. But it seems video is showing he has an axe to grind with Pentax users, nothing more.
08-23-2021, 09:59 PM   #75

I think the only legitimate point CameraVille brings up in his video is the potential of the camera overheating and it's possible effects on the sensor's performance. That's a fair criticism to explore, but as with most everything else brought up, it seems like a isolated/uncommon occurrence (overheating) that doesn't have further adverse effects (image quality/colour shifts).