Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 139 Likes Search this Thread
08-30-2021, 10:22 AM   #121
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I'll put in my 2 cents...
I used the burst mode on my iPhone all the time for fast scenes. I'll keep a couple and discard the rest. The iPhone makes this easy by grouping bursts and has easy ways to select the keepers. (This would be a great firmware update for the mkIII !!!!)

Usually I do it for a couple of seconds ....but the iPhone can go a lot longer if needed.
I would say I'm okay with the mk III two second hi rate buffer...until I'm not! LOL

08-30-2021, 01:13 PM - 1 Like   #122
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lloyd_Christmas Quote
I'll put in my 2 cents...
I used the burst mode on my iPhone all the time for fast scenes. I'll keep a couple and discard the rest. The iPhone makes this easy by grouping bursts and has easy ways to select the keepers. (This would be a great firmware update for the mkIII !!!!)

Usually I do it for a couple of seconds ....but the iPhone can go a lot longer if needed.
I would say I'm okay with the mk III two second hi rate buffer...until I'm not! LOL
For what it's worth, I already considered burst mode on the K3 mark I pretty fast. It's super useful! I could easily work within the confines with judicious use, even with my slow card rates (I seem to buy cheaper memory cards).
08-30-2021, 01:22 PM   #123
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
For what it's worth, I already considered burst mode on the K3 mark I pretty fast. It's super useful! I could easily work within the confines with judicious use, even with my slow card rates (I seem to buy cheaper memory cards).
I agree. I don't use burst often, but when I do, I find the K-3 well up to the task...
08-30-2021, 01:33 PM - 1 Like   #124
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I agree. I don't use burst often, but when I do, I find the K-3 well up to the task...
I'm interested in the K3 III (arrives in a day or two!) for the even better FPS for when I photograph dog sports, but it's really shaving performance at that point. You can really fill an SD card quickly if you're not careful, and then menu diving to clear up space while the action is still rolling is a drag.

08-30-2021, 01:35 PM   #125
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
I'm interested in the K3 III (arrives in a day or two!) for the even better FPS for when I photograph dog sports, but it's really shaving performance at that point. You can really fill an SD card quickly if you're not careful, and then menu diving to clear up space while the action is still rolling is a drag.
Always have a second card in a small attachment on your camera strap.
I've gone over 1500 images in one shoot on two cards before, and I currently use 64 GB cards on my K-1, although all my new cards are 32 GB, because my computer and software won't import 64 GB all in one go.
09-18-2021, 11:23 AM - 1 Like   #126
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Svenneke Quote
Hi Kobie, I remember the day very well you and I got deleted from his Youtube channel for our comments on free choice of gear. My opinion was that I don't need a Formula 1 car if I needed a tractor for the job, (in my case my very capable and thrusted K1) do you remember his reaction?

The problem with Li is, I discovered that a few days later in an earlier vodeo from him, that he became very dissapointed at a certain moment in time when he discovered that he hardly got any revenu from his affiliate links for his Pentax reviews.
After that he announced that he would quit making reviews about Pentax gear, ... but he didn't and worse, he did post a lot of very negative biased "reviews" with at times ridiculous arguments. It's very sad that certain reviewers only praise a brand if they think they will get enough money from their reviews.

Before that he was praising Pentax in almost every possible way, so I think that people should be aware of this if they watch his videos.

I hope everything is good with you all.
Greetings from Belgium
Sven
Yes, I remember his former videos and he said that he got very low ratings because he was giving positive reviews for Pentax. I remember he said that he won't make another review for Pentax. Then the inevitable came. He just started to bash the brand. Yes it's sad that his channel is all about money.