Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2021, 04:23 PM - 4 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Custom "L" QR Plate for K3 MK.III

There are almost no manufacturers making custom quick release plates for Pentax Camera bodies. Any that were being made by Really Right Stuff and Kirk Enterprises have pretty much been discontinued and they seem to be focusing on Sony, Nikon & Canon.
I recently found a custom plate for the Pentax K3 Mk.III made by Hejnar Photo Design who also make some plates for other Pentax models and reported this in a post "Custom QR Plate for K3 Mk.III".

But I also found a custom "L" plate make by Fittestphoto that was designed for the Pentax K5 that fits the K3 Mk.III so precicely that you might think it was designed for it. It fits against the bottom of the screen with a raised lip as an anti-twist stop. The vertical QR arm has a cut out portion that leaves just exactly enough room to access the twin rubber doors to the USB/HDMI connections and the Microphone/headset panel.

This bracket also fits the K3 and K3 Mk.II, but the same connector panels are covered by a single rubber door and it is opened from the side. You are able to access the door, but it is difficult to pull the single door to the side. not impossible, but it is hard to hook the side of the door, unlike the K3 Mk.III where the opening is in the middle and much easier to pull up.

This bracket was sold through Amazon and Ali Express, but no longer available from Amazon. AliExpress currently have it marked down 30%, I paid $44.86 CAD ($36.00 US) plus inexpensive shipping. Finnish and quality is excellent, although maybe not as "streamlined" as it could be.

They show 70 in stock, but when these are gone it will probably be discontinued. If you think you might want one I would buy it now.

FITTEST Soporte de cámara FK5L personalizado, placa L, placa vertical, agarre, Compatible con Pentax K5 Arca Swiss SUNWAYFOTO RRS|l plate|sunwayfoto platecustom made - AliExpress

Murray

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645D  Photo 

Last edited by oneill; 08-08-2021 at 10:32 AM. Reason: add pictures
08-06-2021, 04:52 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
With any luck, perhaps they might continue to produce this item. As aside, Desmond Photographic, the U.S. importer, is local to me. I have no pull with them, but have been tempted at times to reach out just to find out more about the company.

Steve
08-07-2021, 04:16 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks Murray! I don't even have a K3-3 but ordered one plate just in case they don't produce it anymore... hahaha
08-08-2021, 10:36 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Buy one just in case

QuoteOriginally posted by Mbaez Quote
Thanks Murray! I don't even have a K3-3 but ordered one plate just in case they don't produce it anymore... hahaha
Hey Mbaez,

Smart move! Even if you don't use it you can sell it a it a premium price when they are discontinued, Ha! Ha!

Murray

Last edited by oneill; 08-08-2021 at 07:40 PM.
08-08-2021, 11:28 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by oneill Quote
Hey Mbaez,

Smart move! Even if you don't use it you can sell it a it a premier when they are discontinued, Ha! Ha!

Murray
Right!
I'll try it with my KP. I don't have an l-plate for it.
11-22-2021, 12:37 AM   #6

I have a Mestos I bought specifically for my K3 and it’s still a great fit for the K3/3. Acess to all doors. It’s a PD-k3 ii HL.
They will probably make one for the k3/3 eventually.
I bought it direct from the manufacturer in Korea some years ago . Quit expensive and a bit of a wait delivery wise/ probably even longer now- but excellent quality!
12-29-2023, 03:18 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by oneill Quote
I recently found a custom plate for the Pentax K3 Mk.III made by Hejnar Photo Design who also make some plates for other Pentax models and reported this in a post "Custom QR Plate for K3 Mk.III".

But I also found a custom "L" plate make by Fittestphoto that was designed for the Pentax K5 that fits the K3 Mk.III so precicely that you might think it was designed for it. It fits against the bottom of the screen with a raised lip as an anti-twist stop. The vertical QR arm has a cut out portion that leaves just exactly enough room to access the twin rubber doors to the USB/HDMI connections and the Microphone/headset panel.

They show 70 in stock, but when these are gone it will probably be discontinued.
FITTEST Soporte de cámara FK5L personalizado, placa L, placa vertical, agarre, Compatible con Pentax K5 Arca Swiss SUNWAYFOTO RRS|l plate|sunwayfoto platecustom made - AliExpress
Since the FITTEST FK5L is sold out and the Hejnar Photo Design plate for KP fits the K-3 III, i wonder if a KP battery grip (l-) plate would fit the K-3 III.

12-29-2023, 07:07 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
Since the FITTEST FK5L is sold out and the Hejnar Photo Design plate for KP fits the K-3 III, i wonder if a KP battery grip (l-) plate would fit the K-3 III.
Try looking at 3 Legged Thing. I use the Ellie universal bracket on my K3-III and it fits nicely.

You are being redirected...

There is also their newer Lexie universal bracket to consider. They have pictures of it with both a KF and K1 attached.
You are being redirected...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-A528B  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-A528B  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-A528B  Photo 
03-20-2024, 06:49 AM   #9
Forum Member

I use the L-grip PLX4x from ProMediaGear for all my cameras and am pleased with them. There are drilles holseswhich let you mount various accessories onto the l-grip.