Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2021, 12:23 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
AF settings - which ones do you use?

Dear colleagues, may I ask you to share your autofocus settings? I am especially interested in the recommendations of colleagues involved in shooting dynamic objects.
Basically, I would be grateful for any advice on the recommended settings and for other parameters - including ideas for customizing the camera.

08-25-2021, 12:49 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Grokh Quote
Dear colleagues, may I ask you to share your autofocus settings? I am especially interested in the recommendations of colleagues involved in shooting dynamic objects.
Basically, I would be grateful for any advice on the recommended settings and for other parameters - including ideas for customizing the camera.
it's depends on camera model you are asking
08-25-2021, 01:00 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nixxo2002 Quote
это зависит от модели камеры, которую вы спрашиваете
This post was posted on the K-3 III section of the forum...
08-25-2021, 01:44 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
well in that case it's all depends what are you shooting .
for example :
clear sky - flying bird - your lens is capable to reach the bird - you can use the full AF
same situation , but bird is flying and crossing the trees or bushes - i.m using zone AF or select AF area ( medium or small )
AF hold only use in panning mode in slow moving object . With D FA 150-450mm i have great success in AFC with spot and select spot with four point supporting center .
ALL settings in AF-C , Subject recognition ON . But more important it's a distance of your subject , what lens you are using . and how fast it's moving .
k3 III - doing great job for tracking the birds .
Удачи .....

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 Mark III  Photo