Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
08-30-2021, 09:40 AM   #31

As a side note to the K-3iii itself.... it is very likely that the next camera body release will be the other APS-C (hopefully next year? Equivalent aka K70, KP or K80?).

Unfortunately, the last time I searched I did not succeed to locate the few seconds of video time in which:

Albert Siegel who works media photography in Japan also has some acquaintance with a few Pentax employees. Albert very briefly mentioned in one of his K-3 III related videos earlier this spring that he has personally seen another (non-K3iii) APS-C prototype in the hands of one of the employees. Being respectful of Pentax's wishes he does not provide any further details. (It is in my nature to interpret this as likely a working prototype.)

08-31-2021, 03:01 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by One3rdEV Quote
As a side note to the K-3iii itself.... it is very likely that the next camera body release will be the other APS-C (hopefully next year? Equivalent aka K70, KP or K80?).

Unfortunately, the last time I searched I did not succeed to locate the few seconds of video time in which:

Albert Siegel who works media photography in Japan also has some acquaintance with a few Pentax employees. Albert very briefly mentioned in one of his K-3 III related videos earlier this spring that he has personally seen another (non-K3iii) APS-C prototype in the hands of one of the employees. Being respectful of Pentax's wishes he does not provide any further details. (It is in my nature to interpret this as likely a working prototype.)
It would make sense.

There was a solid rumor as well that Pentax is working on a 645z sequel and I would be shocked if they aren't working a K-1 III as well. A lot of gear to be released over the next year and a half.

(I would expect the K-1 III and 645z II to share a lot in common with the K-3 III).
08-31-2021, 05:00 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
It would make sense.

There was a solid rumor as well that Pentax is working on a 645z sequel and I would be shocked if they aren't working a K-1 III as well. A lot of gear to be released over the next year and a half.

(I would expect the K-1 III and 645z II to share a lot in common with the K-3 III).
That's what you would suspect after the adoption of new tech.
11-15-2021, 05:49 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
It was a nice story. I read it on Scribd, which has a number of magazines available as part of the monthly subscription fee. He really seemed to like the ergonomics, thought the auto focus was decent (but not quite at D500 levels), and liked most other things other than the lack of a flippy screen.
Seems then for a dedicated wildlife/bird set-up the D500 may still be the way to go. Or maybe that's splitting hairs.

11-15-2021, 06:05 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Biff Quote
Seems then for a dedicated wildlife/bird set-up the D500 may still be the way to go. Or maybe that's splitting hairs.
I think the issue has more to do with lenses rather than the camera. If you are OK with either the DA 560 or DFA 150-450 or you have an older k mount telephoto that gets you the reach you need, then the K-3 III is probably more than adequate (see the K-3 III photo page for plenty of wildlife photos with it). On the other hand, Pentax does have a relatively small number of lenses in this focal range and third party support is not great. This certainly could push you toward Nikon.

I would say that the D500 is getting long in the tooth and Nikon shows every sign of abandoning the F mount in the future, which means you're probably better going with a Z mount camera -- once again with the caveat that Nikon isn't going to do a lot of APS-C support either and so you'll have to deal with the Z-50.
11-15-2021, 06:07 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
I feel like this topic has been discussed at length, died, was reanimated, and discussed to death already on other forum posts. Do we really need to reanimate the flippy screen wars again?
+1

Or as Einstein put it..."insanity is..."
11-15-2021, 08:02 PM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Biff Quote
If size matters the D500 is significantly larger than even the K1.