Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
09-03-2021, 03:27 AM   #16
sbc
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
Haha, how could you interpret that as me even suggesting what you should or shouldn't say!? You just made an odd statement about freedom of speech in a context where it's not applicable and I pointed it out. I do agree with you that Kunsite shouldn't try to shut people down just because he's annoyed by someone on the internet.
My bad! I retract what I said to you. You sound like a reasonable person.

Many members contribute to this forum by sharing ideas and answering questions...

09-03-2021, 03:51 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sbc Quote
I don't tell you what you can or cannot do.
And I'm not telling you what you can or cannot do. I merely asking you to stop promoting that guy.
By the way, our "freedom" to say things which are not vulgar, sexist or racist is much more limited than you think. Consider some random dude registering here and trying to sell his truck on every single thread... or, someone posting deliberate misinformation about Pentax, like Li would do if he would register here.
It doesn't matter if you genuinely thought that this time he might actually have some information. The best way to react, as a community, is to stop promoting him. IMHO.

If the mods or Adam disagree, they can let me know through a PM. I would respect their wish.
09-03-2021, 04:15 AM - 1 Like   #18
sbc
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
And I'm not telling you what you can or cannot do. I merely asking you to stop promoting that guy.
By the way, our "freedom" to say things which are not vulgar, sexist or racist is much more limited than you think. Consider some random dude registering here and trying to sell his truck on every single thread... or, someone posting deliberate misinformation about Pentax, like Li would do if he would register here.
It doesn't matter if you genuinely thought that this time he might actually have some information. The best way to react, as a community, is to stop promoting him. IMHO.

If the mods or Adam disagree, they can let me know through a PM. I would respect their wish.
Your opinion differs from mine. I enjoy watching his YT video. Good or bad info about Pentax, I take it all in and decides for myself.
The fact is he did say that about the AF firmware, the fact is he does exist. The fact is you do not like him but I do enjoy his videos.
I respect all your posts in other threads, regardless whether I agree or disagree. How about you respect others?
09-03-2021, 04:22 AM   #19
Pentaxian

the Polish can be easily translated to English. Just open the page in Google Chrome and with right button click on the mouse select "Translate to English" in context menu.

09-03-2021, 08:30 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Cameraville mentioned a 4th firmware update relating to AF. Maybe that will improve its performance.
Caneraville is a pretty weird dude. I don’t give his reviews credence.
09-03-2021, 08:31 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you for sharing the review.

I think this review is more thorough and technical than most others currently available. But, of course, the rating (Final grade) is quite subjective, and the final result depends on photographers' priorities.

The last page contains the list of positives and negatives. The list of positives is quite long. None of the negatives are relevant to me, though I do not understand what they mean by "reduction of the signal at the dark current level".
09-03-2021, 10:13 AM   #22
sbc
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
Caneraville is a pretty weird dude. I don’t give his reviews credence.
I would say more wacky than weird. But he has his followers. 😆
We don't have to believe everything he says, just form our own opinions.

09-03-2021, 12:19 PM   #23
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cameraville mentioned a 4th firmware update relating to AF. Maybe that will improve its performance.
I heard it would be support for the new D FA 21mm? If I wave my fingers in front off my face, will that make it true?

(My opinion is that he is clueless in regards to evaluating cameras and lenses, regardless of brand.)

Steve
09-03-2021, 06:54 PM   #24
sbc
Pentaxian

I am just hoping for an improvement in AF accuracy. I have never been bothered by AF speed but do value focus consistency. Sometimes the pdaf misfocus. LV is much more consistent.