Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2021, 12:16 PM - 4 Likes   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
My K-1ii has it, are you up to date on firmware? I thought the original K-1 had this as well. Check: go into bulb mode, press the green button and scroll past 30 seconds....
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The K-1 and KP both have it too. I believe it debuted on the K-1.
**gasp** Amazing! I had no idea it could do that

09-14-2021, 08:59 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
I mentioned this in another thread, but it's getting drowned out there. I was setting up my K3iii for a night shot last night, and accidentally rolled the exposure past 30 seconds. This is a HUGE bonus for me. Yes, I can take super long exposures with bulb mode, but for a lot of night work, being able to dial up an exact long exposure time is super handy.

I am pleased!!!

EDIT: see below, this is actually a feature in bulb mode, and some of the other new bodies have it. Super neat, really useful feature!
this is a useful feature and not just at night, when I shoot using 10 stop nd and stepped tight down to f18-22 on my GFX exposures calculate in minutes. the gfx lets you dial in specific times as well . (As does the Fuji XH1 so I assume the newer models all have it at Fuji - it is T mode instead of Bulb mode setting on those cameras, but however, it is implemented it is a great feature (I am guessing everyone has now implemented this idea)
09-14-2021, 09:26 AM   #18
Forum Member

I can confirm the K-70 has this feature as well. It is very useful for astrophotography shots.
09-14-2021, 11:41 AM   #19

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Don't the K-70/K-1 and newer all have the ability to use a specific dialed time in Bulb? For some reason I thought they did...
yes for the K70

10-19-2021, 04:55 PM - 2 Likes   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by vector Quote
**gasp** Amazing! I had no idea it could do that
yesssss I remember stumbling upon this with my KP and thought "well, what a novel thing!" and it is really awesome actually, instead of doing certain photos and having an auxiliary timer or what not, you just program it in with the bulb mode settings.
It's super handy! (maybe some might rarely use it, I do a lot of long exposure stuff..)