Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
09-10-2021, 05:35 AM - 4 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Your favourite images with Katie the K-3 iii

Hello guys!

I'm nearing the completion of the K-3 iii in-depth review! Yes, it's coming rather soon!

As always, we like to include sample images taken with the camera. I have several of course, but I always prefer to cover a broad range of subjects. As such, I'd like to request anyone who has images that they like to reach out to me, so that I can include them.

Proper credit is always given of course.

Full-res images are preferable, with EXIF intact so I can note the exposure parameters and lens.

Simply drop me a PM, and we'll arrange for file transfer via a hosting service.

Thank you all in advance!

09-10-2021, 11:36 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I'm nearing the completion of the K-3 iii in-depth review! Yes, it's coming rather soon!
Outstanding! Thanks for your efforts.
09-10-2021, 12:57 PM - 6 Likes   #3
Pentaxian

I hope you won't title it, "Katie review" - as almost nobody would know what it's about.
This nonsense should stop, rather than being encouraged. We're not an elitist group with our secret language.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward for the review. DPR's should also be published soon, or be a few thousand years late.
09-10-2021, 02:42 PM   #4
Pentaxian

What's in a name

On the other hand, I like that someone gives an endearing name to his or hers camera. Lloyd-Christmas did the same and I thought it was the name of his daughter. (Took Katie to Medieval Times - A learning experience - PentaxForums.com) We mention a boat, ship "she" and give it name and splash sparkling wine over it. So why not give a name to a camera you love? And you are wrong: Pentax users are an elitist group of photographers and they should be proud of that! But I agree on this, do not put it in the title of a review. Nor should you baptize it with champagne!

09-10-2021, 11:53 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Although I occasionally can't resist taking out my K-3 or one of my DA lenses just to "fondle" them when there is zero chance of going on a photo walk, just because I can and they are such wonderfully made instruments, I have stopped short of giving them endearing names. Has just never occurred to me, and also doesn't particularly aid conversation IMO. Feels more natural to me for trusty ships, planes, or cars that faithfully carry one to the far reaches of the world, but hey, people should be able to indulge in their idiosyncracies (I sure have mine too).

However, Bernard's full review of the K-3 III is definitely something to look forward to.
09-11-2021, 12:16 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AfterPentax Mark II Quote
Lloyd-Christmas did the same and I thought it was the name of his daughter.
This ^^^

Anyway, I'd better not deviate this thread further. Let's all wait for Jerry's review of the K-3iii (or whatever people calls it).
09-11-2021, 12:34 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Who is Katie? Ah! it's a Petax camera. Looking forward to read the review

09-11-2021, 12:59 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
…. We're not an elitist group with our secret language.
I beg to differ: as an enthusiast group we do have our own language! I was reading on DPR about ETTR when using both ND and CPL while shooting astro. They reckon the ND isn’t necessary as it can be dealt with in post. Several readers recommend high ISO instead of curve adjustments but others reckon combining multiple layers in PS gives better NR.

I do hope that’s clear.

The new Pentax K-3iii (Katie) review: out now on your favourite photography forum. That should do!
09-11-2021, 02:17 AM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
I beg to differ: as an enthusiast group we do have our own language!
Well, Robert, there's a difference between accepted terminology and actual names, and making up our own
09-11-2021, 03:12 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Who's Robert? And has he met Katie yet? I've been called many things, but not that....
09-11-2021, 05:35 AM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

Who's Robert? And has he met Katie yet? I've been called many things, but not that....
Why, that's you, isn't it obvious? I'm starting naming everyone who thinks it's a good idea making up names for camera models
09-11-2021, 05:42 AM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

Who's Robert?
You called..?

09-11-2021, 02:49 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've always thought of my Pentax cameras as being more masculine, since they are ruggedly built. Not sure I'd want to hang out with a lady dressed in black from head to toe.
09-11-2021, 03:17 PM   #14
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
I've always thought of my Pentax cameras as being more masculine, since they are ruggedly built. Not sure I'd want to hang out with a lady dressed in black from head to toe.
Silver edition for you, Apet-Sure!
09-11-2021, 07:17 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shucks, I came here to see examples of photos that could only be taken with a K-3iii; all I found was a debate over the overly-cute feminine nickname for this specific model of camera. I do look forward to M. Dery's thorough and well executed reviews, so I will overlook the unnecessary nickname in the thread title.