Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
09-29-2021, 01:10 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Grokh Quote
Unfortunately, as I can see, following the link leads to the download of the 2.6.0 update, which refuses to install without installing the original version.
The Image Transmitter is for sale through Ricoh's Imaging website, but as with a lot of Ricoh's products it is out of stock. Wonder why they did not make it a downloadable item. It is a professional item so they charge you about € 200,00.

09-29-2021, 01:24 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
This software should simply be free with the 645d and 645z, as well as the K-1. IMHO
(Laughs) How natural for companies to want to charge for the products they work to develop, and consumers to want them for free, as some sort of obligation.

Pentax do make the less-featured Lightroom tethering plugin downloadable and free of charge.
09-29-2021, 02:56 AM - 3 Likes   #18

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Grokh Quote
Recently purchased K3 Mark 3.
I can't understand, but how can I get an installer for Image Transmitter?
Just do a more thorough search of the forums for clues to a solution.
09-29-2021, 08:33 AM   #19
pid
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I wish Pentax would support CaptureOne and his Tethering as well as lenscorrection. The tethering with CaptureOne is something like standard in studios (but not for Pentax!) and much better solution than Lightroom.
CaptureOne would do it if Ricoh would just call them and give them the support they need. Please everybody tell this to Ricoh!

09-29-2021, 01:47 PM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree that this should be offered as a download. It's likely more a question of not having the e-commerce infrastructure rather than them not wanting to do it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-29-2021, 03:14 PM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I agree that this should be offered as a download. It's likely more a question of not having the e-commerce infrastructure rather than them not wanting to do it.
They may have now, the European Ricoh webshop is no longer part of Ricoh Imaging but a webshop controlled by an e-commerce company called Luzern (Ricohonline) in Ireland. Clients - Luzern Accelerates eCommerce Strategies for Ambitious Brands.

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
How natural for companies to want to charge for the products they work to develop, and consumers to want them for free, as some sort of obligation
It is the way of the world, is not it?
09-30-2021, 05:49 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, IT2 is an interesting topic.
I remember my posts from the past:
Can't Install Image Transmitter 2 - PentaxForums.com
Image Transmitter 2 original software download link - PentaxForums.com