Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2021, 06:11 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I think a few things are wrong in this comparison:

1) 35mm film cameras output was rarely viewed large and so focus accuracy was rarely challenged on the commonplace 4x6” images.

2) very high resolution sensors and easy pixel peeping has increased the need for extremely precise focusing.

3) fine focus tuning on film cameras required specialized tools that most people did not have access to so few could validate if it was required.
! My best bw negatives were enlarged to A4 and A3 and therefore demandedprecise focusing. The tuning was time demanding but not difficult. Mostly it was enough to adjust the angle of the mirror. Some cameras has a screw for this, with K1000 you can bend the stop easyly. A ground glass a magnifier and a far away focus point was needed
My comments are based on prints, not screens .
Looking at the best pictures it is hard to destinguis the used camera as long as the ISO is below 1600

10-02-2021, 06:21 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by niels hansen Quote
! My best bw negatives were enlarged to A4 and A3 and therefore demandedprecise focusing. The tuning was time demanding but not difficult. Mostly it was enough to adjust the angle of the mirror. Some cameras has a screw for this, with K1000 you can bend the stop easyly. A ground glass a magnifier and a far away focus point was needed
My comments are based on prints, not screens .
Looking at the best pictures it is hard to destinguis the used camera as long as the ISO is below 1600
Very interesting.
10-02-2021, 07:47 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
16 vs 24 megapixels is 50% more detail. Easier to see the missed focus in that case. Higher resolution and higher resolution screens to view pixels on also increases the ability to see focusing errors that might have been undetected with lower resolution.
50% seems alot, but linear it is different., it makes you able to have the same resolution on a 50 X50 cm enlagement as before a 40X 40 cm enlargement. I doubt that you can see the difference on an approbiate viewing distance