Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2021, 05:46 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mctaveck Quote
Updates: still working on the protocols of communication when the WiFi Commander software is trying to catch the image token. So still some effort left.
Bye!
Any further forward with this or are the 'Image Token Catchers' still working?

11-30-2021, 05:37 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by snappyhoffy Quote
Any further forward with this or are the 'Image Token Catchers' still working?
Hi ! Happy for the interest! Yesterday I downloaded a new version with more "log feature". The issue was a possible interference between the Internet connection (WIFI from the PC to the router) and the camera connection (from PC to the K3iii). I ran some other tests and the shooting side is quite ok (only zooming seems not working) and the transfer function (downloading) is OK as well but after deselecting "automatic connection" in the main WIFI connection (not something I'm happy to do btw)
I think we're very close to the goal !!
Danilo
01-25-2022, 03:04 PM   #18

Original Poster
Hi all,
major ehnancement since we had an useful Team Viewer session. Seem the major flow has been fixed. Until now: shooting with P SV TV TAV AV M mode; focusing; composition adjustment (shifting); planned shot; downloading via wifi; all these pieces is fixed. Strange behaviour in B mode and multiexposure mode where I just sent the LOG to WFC . I hope we can close this beta test very soon.
Danilo
03-22-2022, 04:25 AM   #19

Original Poster
Hi all,
another test session yesterday. The issue is the camera is acting in a completely different way from the KP or the K1 and is not communicating info but ... "you have to ask for". Anyway yesterday WFC fixed the bracketing and the rotation setting that is requested when you see the image thru the PC monitor. Another step ahead but the software will need an heavy refactoring using a "polling" framework that was not ready for.
Thanks
Danilo

03-22-2022, 02:25 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I appreciate the work that is going on with this. Is there a component of this software that would simpy allow you to connect the camera to your computer via wi-fi (or bluetooth) to transfer files from either of the SD Cards? I wasn,t after a tethering solution just a means of connecting to the camera for downloads.
03-23-2022, 02:16 AM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by snappyhoffy Quote
I appreciate the work that is going on with this. Is there a component of this software that would simpy allow you to connect the camera to your computer via wi-fi (or bluetooth) to transfer files from either of the SD Cards? I wasn,t after a tethering solution just a means of connecting to the camera for downloads.
Yes! In fact I try the software in the beginning to connect the camera to the PC and download the images thru WIFI. That piece is pretty much stable now.

In my workflow this is not too efficient because I use Lightroom so, once the files has been moved I still need to "import" the files into the catalog. Unfortunately there is not, at the moment, a "Adobe Plugin version" of this software.
Danilo
03-24-2022, 12:43 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can I try it please?

04-07-2022, 03:33 AM   #23

Original Poster
Hi all,
Test has been completed and the WiFi Commander for Pentax version supporting the K3iii will be released soon. Just double check the wificommanderpentax.com site the next few days.
Is not Christmas, I know, but is before Easter!
:-)
Danilo
04-07-2022, 12:12 PM   #24

Original Poster
WiFi Commander for PENTAX v 1.7 is online, now with K-3 Mark III support and more - PentaxForums.com