Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
10-30-2021, 06:16 AM   #1

New K-3III user got an annoying issue

Hi guys, as captioned, I just got my own K-3III with the 16-50 * lens.

I have been Pentax user for about 10 years, operated the K-5, K-3 and K-1 for couple of years.

There is one thing that bother a lot with the new K-3III:

Every time I press the info button to call my own quick menu, the screen display also toggle.

This is very annoying to me.

Can we set do anything to stop this toggling sequence ?

Thank you in advance !!

10-30-2021, 06:37 AM   #2
Pentaxian

When you write "my own quick menu" do you mean the Control Panel … a clarification of your definition of "screen display" may also be helpful.
10-30-2021, 07:13 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
When you write "my own quick menu" do you mean the Control Panel … a clarification of your definition of "screen display" may also be helpful.
Yes yes, control panel.

The screen display.... by that I mean:

while in LIVE VIEW, every time I press the info button, the information on the screen changes.

Say by default, I have all the information like shutter speed, exposure, horizon lever, grid etc. on the screen, I press the info button to call the control panel to use it, press info again to close the control panel, and go back to main screen. Now the information on the main screen are gone, only the main live view screen here. I press info button again, the screen turns off.
10-30-2021, 07:14 AM - 1 Like   #4

A video showing the issue could help.

10-30-2021, 07:29 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Hayashi Quote
press info again to close the control panel, and go back to main screen. Now the information on the main screen are gone, only the main live view screen here. I press info button again, the screen turns off.
Yes, that's the way my camera behaves as well.

An easy solution to this would be to use the MENU button OR HALF PRESS THE SHUTTER BUTTON to exit the control panel. This way, you don't toggle through the information shown in the display, but you do exit the control panel and get back to live view.
10-30-2021, 08:34 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I do not think it is ment for the info button to exit the info screen.
Like on most other Pentax cameras the menu button is used for that.
10-30-2021, 09:00 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It behaves this way and this is pretty counterintuitive. You expect same button that opened some screen to close it. Still, it is what it is.

10-30-2021, 10:29 AM - 2 Likes   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Hayashi Quote
Every time I press the info button to call my own quick menu, the screen display also toggle.
Same with the K1. Pressing the Info button doesn't exit but open the choice of what's enabled on the display. The right way to exit the Info menu is to press the Menu button or press the shutter button to exit.
10-30-2021, 02:00 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I press the info button while looking at a shot, it will switch the information display, such as shooting information for the displayed shot, sometimes including a histogram for example. To get out of that screen I just press the image display button again and it brings me back to my active camera settings screen. I am not sure if this applies to your situation, but just wanted to mention it.
11-01-2021, 07:34 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Yes, that's the way my camera behaves as well.

An easy solution to this would be to use the MENU button OR HALF PRESS THE SHUTTER BUTTON to exit the control panel. This way, you don't toggle through the information shown in the display, but you do exit the control panel and get back to live view.
I see, got it

Well that save my day.

I did press the INFO again when I was working with K-1, they probably changed it.

---------- Post added 11-01-21 at 08:35 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jersey Quote
It behaves this way and this is pretty counterintuitive. You expect same button that opened some screen to close it. Still, it is what it is.
Yes, press INFO to go to control panel, and press INFO again to exit, that makes more sense dun you think ?