Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2021, 05:54 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
snappyhoffy's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Buckinghamshire
Posts: 96
Focus Adjustment and use with a 1.4 HD Teleconverter

I finally got down to checking my lenses after all the recent FW Updates..

I have calibrated my DA* 16-50 (+8), DA* 50 - 135 (0) and DA* 300 (0).

I thought I would check all the lenses with the HD 1.4 Teleconvertor fitted. Each of the lens combinations then should a 0 setting on the calibration screen (and preformed well without further adjustment) suggesting that the camera identified it as a different lens and yet when connected to the 16-50 (I know not a great combination but using as a check) there was no need to make any further adjustment.

Does this suggest that the camera uses the stored calibration for the 16-50 and automatically applies it even though the TC is in place??

11-29-2021, 06:10 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 21,590
QuoteOriginally posted by snappyhoffy Quote
I finally got down to checking my lenses after all the recent FW Updates..

I have calibrated my DA* 16-50 (+8), DA* 50 - 135 (0) and DA* 300 (0).

I thought I would check all the lenses with the HD 1.4 Teleconvertor fitted. Each of the lens combinations then should a 0 setting on the calibration screen (and preformed well without further adjustment) suggesting that the camera identified it as a different lens and yet when connected to the 16-50 (I know not a great combination but using as a check) there was no need to make any further adjustment.

Does this suggest that the camera uses the stored calibration for the 16-50 and automatically applies it even though the TC is in place??

Try adjusting the lens back to zero (which you know isnít right) and then test the tc combo again. If the tc combo now is different then the lens setting interacts with the lens plus tc. If not, it doesnít.
11-29-2021, 07:52 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
pschlute's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,335
QuoteOriginally posted by snappyhoffy Quote
Does this suggest that the camera uses the stored calibration for the 16-50 and automatically applies it even though the TC is in place??
I do not believe it does that.

As a matter of interest are you able to save a lens+TC in the APPLY ONE menu ?
11-29-2021, 09:21 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,621
When combined with the HD DA 1.4x it becomes a new "lens" in the registry.

11-29-2021, 12:36 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Paul the Sunman's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,945
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
When combined with the HD DA 1.4x it becomes a new "lens" in the registry.
But does it identify that "lens" with the ID number of the TC, so that any TC/lens combination would be thought the same?
11-29-2021, 01:42 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,621
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
But does it identify that "lens" with the ID number of the TC, so that any TC/lens combination would be thought the same?
It will get a new combo with each lens.
11-29-2021, 03:52 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
snappyhoffy's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Buckinghamshire
Posts: 96
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
I do not believe it does that.

As a matter of interest are you able to save a lens+TC in the APPLY ONE menu ?
in the AF Fine Adjustment Menu you can either apply a Common (To all lenses), Individual (that lens only) or Off.

11-29-2021, 05:04 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
pschlute's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,335
QuoteOriginally posted by snappyhoffy Quote
in the AF Fine Adjustment Menu you can either apply a Common (To all lenses), Individual (that lens only) or Off.
I am well aware of that (I have 15 different lenses AF adjusted in the K-1). What I wanted to know was can you save the 16-50+TC as an APPLY ONE "lens", and the 50mm + TC as a separate "lens" in the APPLY ONE menu ?
12-01-2021, 06:25 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
snappyhoffy's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Buckinghamshire
Posts: 96
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
I am well aware of that (I have 15 different lenses AF adjusted in the K-1). What I wanted to know was can you save the 16-50+TC as an APPLY ONE "lens", and the 50mm + TC as a separate "lens" in the APPLY ONE menu ?
I am not aware of that function... can you guide me where to find instructions
12-01-2021, 06:45 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
pschlute's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,335
QuoteOriginally posted by snappyhoffy Quote
I am not aware of that function... can you guide me where to find instructions
If you mount a lens and TC on the camera, and go into the AF/FA menu, can you assign an adjustment in the APPLY-ONE sub menu of the AF/FA menu, or can you only make a global adjustment ?
12-01-2021, 10:28 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
snappyhoffy's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Buckinghamshire
Posts: 96
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
If you mount a lens and TC on the camera, and go into the AF/FA menu, can you assign an adjustment in the APPLY-ONE sub menu of the AF/FA menu, or can you only make a global adjustment ?
No, only the options hat I previously listed.
12-01-2021, 01:41 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
pschlute's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,335
QuoteOriginally posted by snappyhoffy Quote
No, only the options hat I previously listed.
Ok Thanks... So only global adjustment is allowed ?
12-01-2021, 02:19 PM   #13
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,621
I think you are talking around each other.
12-01-2021, 09:03 PM - 2 Likes   #14
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Pacific North West
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 939
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Ok Thanks... So only global adjustment is allowed ?
The "APPLY-ONE" name is gone from K-3III, it's called "Individual" now. Likewise, "APPLY-ALL" is "Common".
I've just checked my K-3III, and my "Individual" settings for lenses I often use with and without HD DA 1.4x AW are:
  • +1 for DA* 300mm alone
  • 0 for DA* 300 with HD DA 1.4x
  • -2 for 55-300mm PLM alone
  • +2 for 55-300mm with HD DA 1.4x.
That's not a new thing for K-3III. On my KP, different numbers are saved for different lenses with HD DA 1.4x in "APPLY-ONE" menu. Not sure about K-1, I don't own one.

Last edited by kwb; 12-01-2021 at 09:09 PM.
12-02-2021, 03:52 PM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
snappyhoffy's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Buckinghamshire
Posts: 96
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
The "APPLY-ONE" name is gone from K-3III, it's called "Individual" now. Likewise, "APPLY-ALL" is "Common".
I've just checked my K-3III, and my "Individual" settings for lenses I often use with and without HD DA 1.4x AW are:
  • +1 for DA* 300mm alone
  • 0 for DA* 300 with HD DA 1.4x
  • -2 for 55-300mm PLM alone
  • +2 for 55-300mm with HD DA 1.4x.
That's not a new thing for K-3III. On my KP, different numbers are saved for different lenses with HD DA 1.4x in "APPLY-ONE" menu. Not sure about K-1, I don't own one.
Thanks for confirming.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adjustment, aps-c, calibration, camera, check, da*, dslr, focus adjustment, hd, k-3 iii, k-3 mark 3, lens, lenses
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax Kr - AF Focus adjustment & focus confirm for MF lenses p706 Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 8 12-14-2020 03:07 AM
For Sale - Sold: DA and HD DA Primes: DA 50 1.8, DA XS 40mm, HD DA 35mm, DA 21mm, HD DA 15mm Amarony Sold Items 8 02-20-2019 06:21 AM
HD 20-40 or HD 21 & HD 35 macro BarryE Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 33 09-03-2017 06:05 AM
Replacing internal hd with ssd, what external hd to use? decker1313 Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 13 07-20-2017 12:31 AM
All lens needs AF fine adjustment, does the camera need a global adjustment? Thanks bennyxyz Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 9 04-21-2016 12:36 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:32 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top