Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2022, 04:26 AM   #1

Blank rear screen in all but U modes

Hi everyone, a new member here.

I have just acquired the K3iii having used the K3ii for several years. Pleased so far, except:

Twice now I have found that the rear screen stays blank for normal shooting when in all modes other than the U ones. I have not yet customised the U settings. A full reset resolved it the first time but I don't wish to resort to that again.

Screen OK when info and menu buttons pressed. OK for viewing images, and seems fine when one of the u modes set. I am assuming I have accidentally set something. Any ideas what? Many thanks.

---------- Post added 01-14-22 at 04:33 AM ----------

Update: I tried turning off the memory for "shooting info display" in menu C5. All info now back on the monitor in all modes. I assume therefore that I had made a change that was being saved, and now isn't. Still not clear what I did in the first place to turn the display off.

01-14-2022, 06:53 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Using the Info button one of the selections is to turn off the screen when shooting. As you found out it will stay like that if memory for that is selected in your C menu.
01-14-2022, 08:48 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks. That seems to explain it. Press info to bring up the info screen, then press again and the screen blanks. And it was saved. Not clear what the benefit of that feature might be. Will have to learn to press menu button to get out of info screen. K3ii allows the use of the info button that I was attempting (my, now, 2nd camera)
01-14-2022, 11:06 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just press the Info button again and you will be out of the info screen. The one push dark screen is nice when we do not want the light if it is too bright for what we are doing. As often, it is a feature not a bug.

01-14-2022, 11:29 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Also make sure to load the latest firmware in the camera, if you haven't already done so:
Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING