Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
03-13-2022, 11:56 AM   #1
Unregistered User

Developing RAW In Camera

Hi!

With the K-1 it is logical to develop a whole folder with images to JPG.

With the K-3 III I have been under the illusion that this was not possible until today when I did this by accident.

Is it just me that has missed this? Can´t find any referens to how in the manual.

I will tell you how but it is kind of a long text to write so I save that for now if it is just me that has been stupid...

03-13-2022, 02:59 PM   #2
Pentaxian

As with a lot of Pentax documentation, some details are sparse … p92-93 in the manual cover the procedure, but, as is often the case, the end-user is expected to sit down and experiment a bit to realise the total capabilities
I rarely develop from RAW in-camera, though I do play with the digital filters on occasion.
I find it very useful to have the camera connected to an HDMI screen to fully appreciate the nuances of the adjustments, which can be difficult, with older eyes, on a 3" LCD panel
03-13-2022, 03:10 PM - 1 Like   #3
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
As with a lot of Pentax documentation, some details are sparse … p92-93 in the manual cover the procedure, but, as is often the case, the end-user is expected to sit down and experiment a bit to realise the total capabilities
I rarely develop from RAW in-camera, though I do play with the digital filters on occasion.
I find it very useful to have the camera connected to an HDMI screen to fully appreciate the nuances of the adjustments, which can be difficult, with older eyes, on a 3" LCD panel
I have read these pages but it says nothing about developing more than one image at a time. Nothing about choosing a couple of images, tweeking them and then save all of them at once.

To do this you have to be in multi image mode, press AE-L and RAW-developement. It processes for a long time if many images are present. Now you get the possibility to select images... The normal thing would be to first select, then choose develop... If you want to do a whole folder? Then it is not the same as for selected images...

And it would be nice if it was stated in the manual how to do it.
03-17-2022, 06:31 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote

(cut)
To do this you have to be in multi image mode, press AE-L and RAW-developement. It processes for a long time if many images are present. Now you get the possibility to select images... The normal thing would be to first select, then choose develop... If you want to do a whole folder? Then it is not the same as for selected images...

Maybe this is my issue as well (just opened a post)

Danilo

03-17-2022, 08:18 AM   #5

I have read these pages but it says nothing about developing more than one image at a time. Nothing about choosing a couple of images, tweeking them and then save all of them at once.

Yes, it is so slow I thought was in loop. I agree with you 100%
Thanks
Danilo
03-31-2022, 03:39 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

That's helpful. You're correct that finding what you need in the manual itself can be frustrating. Members like you do a service for the rest of us. Thanks for figuring it out, interested members will appreciate it.
03-31-2022, 03:58 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

This camera deserves a better manual. However, if it had one I suspect it would be 2000 pages thick....

04-04-2022, 04:03 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
This camera deserves a better manual. However, if it had one I suspect it would be 2000 pages thick....
Or a full searchable PDF User guide that covers the ins and outs of all the various settings and tech.
04-04-2022, 08:54 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
Or a full searchable PDF User guide that covers the ins and outs of all the various settings and tech.
Whoever's writing successor to the Yvon Bourque series of eBooks ought to have this tip suggested to them!